Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
795 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently got my shock rebuilt. When leaned over and accelerating the rear feels like it sits down a little and steps out. Medium-fun street speeds.

Would having the slow & fast compression too soft give this feeling?

·
Registered
467 Posts
Sounds like the rebound is to "Fast". The rear is compressing then rebounding back to fast, causing the rear wheel to step out. Try adding rebound to the rear shock.

·
Registered
795 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
:thumbsup: Cool. I'll give it a try. Thanks

·
Slow Poke
5,584 Posts
I would say your compression is too soft. When compression is soft, it will ride like a cadilac in the corners but could very well be a combo of both. I would take a few clicks off of rebound to start if that doesn't make it better put it back to where it was and add to the compression. I think that will help..

·
Registered
232 Posts
if it's squatting then stepping out its more like the preload isn't set to your weight and the compression ( slow) is too soft.
acceleration puts slow presure on the shock and a bump fast compression
but the squat decreaces the swingarm angle and take the drive off the road and creats wheel spin or wheel stand depending on traction available
straight line it will wheel stand. and leaned over it will spin causeing you bike to step out.
10mm of bike sag and another 15 to 20 rider sag Max. then adjust the clickers to get the right comp and rebound. if your on a stock 2011-2012 shock the rebound and compression for anything that will work are allmost maxed out. well mine are. and i weight 4/5ths of fuk all.
just noticed you are on a 08 . and you look a bigger dude.
still say set sag first to fix problem
the shop can set the spring and valveing for your weight but not the preload unless they did with you in the shop.

·
Registered
795 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for all the comments. I brought the rebound in about one and quarter turns, and it was awesome!!! Very rideable now!!

Next time I'm at the track, I'll get have the suspension dude help to get it better dialed-in.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts