Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,606 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok guys, I have been trying to get a definitive answer for the last week on shock compatibility between different generations. There seems to be a couple of different answers so I thought I would start a thread to see if we can sort it out for the next guy who is trying to search. I also know many of you have done the swingarm swaps, so the answer is out there.

My question is this:

I have a Ohlins shock on my 05. It does not have the remote reservoir. Will it fit on a gen 3 zx10r?

Will a 06-07 fit either of these gens?

Thanks for your time guys.

Justin

·
Banned
2,838 Posts
I can tell you that the Gen1 and the gen3 take the exact same shock but I don't know if the reservoir will clear,but it should!

·
Banned
2,838 Posts
i think if you use a gen1 aftermarket shock on a gen 3 swingarm you will need to notch the swingarm
No my Penske off my gen1 race bike was a direct bolt on to my gen3 race bike

·
Registered
1,606 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I have done some measurements and it looks like the res. Will hit the right side of the swingarm. I have bought a shock for the 08 so my thoughts of using the 05 shock are dying.

·
Banned
2,838 Posts
I may need to add my Penske has a remote rez

·
Registered
292 Posts
Will a OEM Gen3 shock fit a Gen1?
If yes, does anybody have any impressions if it is an improvement or not?

·
Registered
1,246 Posts
I have a gen 2 ohlins on my 3rd gen, fits no problemo. The only difference is that the 2nd gen spec has a wee bit more travel so no biggie.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts