Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
634 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I installed a set of Sho Gun sliders this morning. Damn their instructions suck. Not a photo a one. Figured it out, but it would of been nice to have a bit better write up. I was thinking of doing a "how to" for us mechanically challenged, but my wife had the camera out for real estate crap. Anyways, if anyone orders em, the long bolt you get is used on the Right side if your sitting on the bike, with the flat base. The short bolt is used on the left with the base that has the 1/2" offset.
I do have one question, why are the stock engine mount bolts hollow with a hole in the bolt head?

·
Bloo Moderator
23,742 Posts
Thanks for the heads up. Ordered mine last week should be here any day now.

·
Registered
634 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I know, but I aint pullin them bastards off to take pics. Like I said...my wifey had the camera. Its not hard, but using the correct bolts and base is the important part.
Blue Devil has his comin in....maybe he'll hook up a how to.

·
Bloo Moderator
23,742 Posts
NWZX10 said:
I know, but I aint pullin them bastards off to take pics. Like I said...my wifey had the camera. Its not hard, but using the correct bolts and base is the important part.
Blue Devil has his comin in....maybe he'll hook up a how to.

Yeah, I don't mind doing a "how to" when they come in, but I thought I bought them already and It turned out it was the levers I paid for. Just got mixed up on what I bought with PayPal. I did buy them today however, so maybe by next week. :dontknow:

·
Registered
5,179 Posts
NWZX10 said:
I do have one question, why are the stock engine mount bolts hollow with a hole in the bolt head?

Weight savings. To get these things as light as they are and get the power to weight ratio they have, a LOT of things like that are done. Titanium parts, hollow bolts, etc... :wink:

·
Registered
681 Posts
Just got mine also, will have to do the pics thing, thanks for the heads up in advance!

·
Registered
5,179 Posts
NWZX10 said:
Too bad my fat ass offsets any weight savings they did.
I feel your pain, man. Mine too... :sad: :mrgreen:

·
Registered
634 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Couch...ya, the weather is getting nice. Brought my boat home outta storage this week, so I should shed a few lb's before lake season. 6'3 and 220 isnt bad, but it doesnt help the acceleration much.

·
Registered
3,311 Posts
I just PMed Frankyoz when I had questions with my install. I think the instruction tell you to do the sliders backwards but you can tell when the bolts are too long and dont tighten.
Did you all make sure that the slider base isn't rubbing any fairings or coolant hoses? I caught that after I had already put it all back together.

·
Registered
634 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I pulled one side off at a time and installed the wrong bolt the first time and had to go back and re-due the right side. I found this out when I pulled the left side. I did make sure the sliders dont rub anything, good tip.

·
Registered
229 Posts
I got mine last year. right when sho gun started making them.. I picked them up since they're close by.. for the bolts, I just matched what came off the bike - ya know you add the width of the slider to what comes off the bike and match it to the sho gun bolt.

I also got the matching sho gun bar ends..

·
Registered
3,311 Posts
Have you noticed increased vibrations by changing out the bar ends? I was thinking of getting some soon if it wont put my hands to sleep.

·
Registered
229 Posts
I haven't noticed any change.. they're a bit longer than the original ones.. .so hopefully they'll save some plastics if I happen to eat s**t.

I got the polished aluminum sliders and bar ends..

·
Registered
1,280 Posts
What's the torque value for the Engine Mounting bolts? I called my dealers service department and they told me 33 ft/lbs, somehow it doesn't sound right.
I actually got the Lockhart Phillips FS and the bolt for the left side was too long, I used the bolt that came out of the right side, worked ok.

·
OG Post Whore
10,400 Posts
i guess ill post pics this week when i install my set

1 - 20 of 27 Posts