Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
588 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody have any advice on how to ship a full set of fairings? I am shipping 2 sides, 2 lowers, a tail, and a front fender from my zx6rr, and USPS wants to get me for $95 and UPS wants over $200 shipping them ground. It's hard to try and get a good box but I finally got them packed and I exceeded the USPS limit by 3 inches. So instead of being $15 to ship, it turned to $95...

WTF!!!

Thanks for any advice!

·
Registered
402 Posts
Strange, I had a full race set shipped in one big box from sharkskinz in Florida to Kanukistan with FedEx and it cost me $120.00.

Took about a week to get here.

That may be bc its a company and they get special rates.

·
Registered
2,504 Posts
How big is the box. I sell a lot of stuff on ebay and when I parted out my banshee it cost me $90 to ship the frame from MI to CA which is good size and a lot heavier than fairings. I found out that anything bigger than the USPS flat rate box or anything that wont fit in a mail box UPS was the way to go.

·
Licensed Dist of HaterAde
11,423 Posts
You should just go thru paypal and print your shipping label thru them, then all you do is drop it off at the post office since payment and everything else is done online, they'll probably not check the demensions if it's just 3" over. i have done this a few times and never had any issues. but i've also used ups and it seemed like one time i would get a decent quote and the next time it would be outrageous.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts