Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has any of you guys on this forum used them for a ECU flash that has and 10RR that has auto blipper ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2016 Kawasaki ZX-10R KRT ABS Edition
683 Posts
Talk to Tri-State racing or Nicks Performance Tuning instead man. Much better customer service and far more aggressive tuning if you want to actually have a fast bike vs something just above average.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Talk to Tri-State racing or Nicks Performance Tuning instead man. Much better customer service and far more aggressive tuning if you want to actually have a fast bike vs something just above average.

You hit it on the nose when I called shinitz for two weeks and been getting the run around there customer service sucks. I appreciate the input tri- state or Nicks performance I’ll look them up and hit them up thank u

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I considered getting a woolich just not that confident in trusting myself to do it

·
Registered
2016 Kawasaki ZX-10R KRT ABS Edition
683 Posts
Where abouts are you located?
And I've got a Nicks Performance tune right now. It works well for me. You should be able to hit either of the up on Instagram though. Nick is really good about follow ups and communication for me. He had 24hr turn around time. Overnighted my ECU for $40 (20 there, 20 back with USPS) all the way from MI. Shipped Wednesday (morning) got it back Friday (evening)!

·
Registered
460 Posts
I had my ECU flashed through Schnitz racing. Service was great. I had my ECU sent back to me same day they flashed it. Mid range pickup was most significant along with the eliminated restrictions and autoblip. Don't know if my bike makes 180hp or 195hp but honestly besides bragging rights, this make still makes more power then I can use on track. Can't complain at all.

·
Registered
2,737 Posts
Look up 2 Wheel DynoWorks up in Washington. They've developed hundreds of flashes for specific applications and flashed thousands of ecu's. They've been ground floor developing ecu flashes for years.

·
Registered
2,073 Posts
Aggressive mail order tunes, nothing could go wrong there. :rolleyes:
What i was about to say. If you're that uncomfortable doing the flashing (could teach my dog how probably) yourself then maybe stick with a canned tune.

What people also need to know is, Schnitz is known for their dyno tunes - which will blow any canned tune out of the water (and possibly many other dyno tuners across the country). Also Ryan is known in the drag racing crowd and known to have good dyno tunes - many people around the Midwest travel to him for tunes. He did mine (respect to LS1Leadfoot for inviting me) for a fair price and was nice to talk to and very down to earth - even loaded us up with free schwag. Maybe someone got somebody on a bad day but do some homework on Schnitz. Dyno beats canned tune any day. If you want a canned tune, Schnitz probably isnt the place for you.
Sure, run a canned tune with a slip on and K&N filter...but if you have any major mods or engine work, especially if it involves squish/increased comp and/or forced induction, you'd best visit a competent dyno tuner.

Im sure the guy would also flash your ECU in any way you'd want but just offers a standard flash to get started with.

From what i know of 2Wheel Dyno Works they do offer a canned flash but as was said they've been developing these for many many years now for dozens of bikes and if i ever went with a canned flash i wouldnt hesitate to trust them. At least they've been in the game a long time. Feel free to educate me here if im wrong about 2WDW.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I agree Schnitz racing is top notch that why I chose them first on my list for a flash. Problem is two weeks in a row I been calling a female answer the phone telling me tech not there or call at certain time to get a answer when I do she gives me the run around . I even relayed the question to her to ask the tech no response I even left VM no call back or response . So this past Tuesday I called for the last time again and the young lady had a attitude with me on the phone and told me the tech just left ,like I’m a bother to her can’t get a simple answer from them. I don’t doubt there credentials they are top notch and there results speak for it self I did my research there good but there staff on the phone really sucks . That my first impression of Schnitz Racing.

·
Registered
434 Posts
I've used schnitz for a few things in the past,always quick turn around, honestly I'm hoping the day comes soon when all these YouTube "tuners" fade away. They are polluting the motorcycle scene with their all knowing garbage and ppl are eating it up. A mail in tune is generic,doesn't matter who makes it. Just flash away restrictions then tune fuel yourself with pcv etc.

·
Registered
1,088 Posts
Well, you just never know. I got into a debate with Ryan Schnitz on this very forum about 5 years ago. He was bragging about how good his Gen3 flashes were and I, just a forum member, couldn't possibly do a better flash on my Gen 3 than he could. It was funny, because at the time I wasn't just flashing customers ECU's like Ryan was, I was flashing only mine and actually testing it. Ryan was just bench flashing and sending them back out. That's when I discovered bugs in the ignition timing map, the rev limiter and top speed limiter wasn't working either. I worked behind the scenes with Woolich to get these bugs sorted.

So ole Ryan was bragging how he was so much better than me a plain ole forum member at flashing Gen 3 ECU's, but it was Ryan sending back to customers ECUs with bug flashes. And he didn't even know it. I was just grinning in the background at him.

So like I say, you just never know.

I would buy the kit and learn to do it myself.

·
Registered
434 Posts
Diy is always the best way, just sucks that some companies limit you to one ecu,my hayabusa flashing software i can do as many as i want

·
Registered
1,088 Posts
Diy is always the best way, just sucks that some companies limit you to one ecu,my hayabusa flashing software i can do as many as i want
That wasn't always the case. When Woolich was just 1 man working out of his basement, he allowed you to flash as many Kawasaki ECUs as many times as you wanted. He later figured out in order to stay in business he had to change his business model, BUT he honored his as many time as you want promise to people that originally bought in under it. I still have unlimited flashing on Gen 3 and Gen 4. I never have flashed any ECUs but my own.

What flashing software are you using for your Haybusa? Let me guess, ECU Editor? If so that was Woolich first creation that he later ended development on, BUT, he still allows people to use it as much as they want.

Woolich is a stand up honest guy. He delivered on every promise he made to me when he was once active on this forum.

·
Registered
434 Posts
Boost by Smith module, ecu editor, I feel if I buy a product I should be able to use it as I want, just not a fan of restricting to one ecu. Maybe if a business buys it to make slot of money that's different but if I wanna flash a friend's ecu I should be able to

·
Registered
1,284 Posts
Boost by Smith module, ecu editor, I feel if I buy a product I should be able to use it as I want, just not a fan of restricting to one ecu. Maybe if a business buys it to make slot of money that's different but if I wanna flash a friend's ecu I should be able to
You can buy a credit for $100 to do an additional bike. If you had say, an S1000RR, you spend $800+ per bike. Woolich has to make their money back somehow. They can't sell a box and then have one guy doing flashes for the whole city.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts