Registered
1,447 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am wondering what is better to have for drag racing a electronic shifter or a
air shifter. thank you

·
Registered
128 Posts
well each is their own. i believe MOST do the air shifter. but with that you have to worry about using either the nitrous tank or another separate air tank to power it. seems to serve its purpose well

on the other hand you got the electronic one, with uses less parts if your concerned about that sort of thing.

someone else should chime in and help with this one. but if i had to choose one i would pick air shifter.

on my 10r im going to use the "moto GP style" shifting with no air shifter and spray a 30shot and see where that lands me

·
Registered
2,524 Posts
well each is their own. i believe MOST do the air shifter. but with that you have to worry about using either the nitrous tank or another separate air tank to power it. seems to serve its purpose well

on the other hand you got the electronic one, with uses less parts if your concerned about that sort of thing.

someone else should chime in and help with this one. but if i had to choose one i would pick air shifter.

on my 10r im going to use the "moto GP style" shifting with no air shifter and spray a 30shot and see where that lands me
:+1: i feel if you only do strip then go air shifter but if your street/strip get the dynojet electronic shifter. just my 2 cents though

·
Registered
2,106 Posts
I had an electric shifter pretty nice also less weight specially if you have the type that doesn't require you to use the shift lever with your foot.
I don't know who makes the electric shifter that alows you to shift up or down thru the gears by a thumbutton, but they had the setup on 1 of Jason Britton's Superbikes show's, was setup on a Gsxr 1000.

·
Registered
152 Posts
I ran an electric push botton shifter from Pingel, it would shift up or down by push of a button. It works flawlessly, but at the same time is quite bulky.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,106 Posts
I ran an electric push botton shifter from Pingel, it would shift up or down by push of a button. It works flawlessly, but at the same time is quite bulky.
Beats filling it up with Air I would have to think. I know some of the air shifters have some bulk to them as well.So what are the Pro's running???

·
Registered
4,049 Posts
If I didn't foot shift :rolleyes: I'd go with air:thumbsup:

·
Registered
128 Posts
also, i think the challenge in dragging a bike is foot shifting and still being able to cut a good time. hell anyone can push a button :thumbsup:

·
Registered
128 Posts
hahaha tis true my friend. im rolling with reverse shifting since it would be easier to push the lever down instead of after dragging my feet and having to get under the lever again. just my :2cents:

·
Registered
72 Posts
i`m doin the bracket race thing this year...no x preeenc on bikes, tons in cars. i`m gonna gp it. i can never get my foot in position under hard x ell to flick it up. thing is i sport ride it on the street...i`m not gonna keep flippin the flippin linkage all the time. i sure hope it doesent mess me up too bad on the street. nothin worse than shiftin the wrong way hittin a """tight""" 80 mph turn. sorry to hijack the thread but i`ve almost been loosing sleep over this.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts