Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm having a problem with my quick shifter, its a Cordona quick shifter mounted on a 05 10r

On the first to second shift the transmission will shift into second briefly and then jump out of gear into neutral. I have the delay set at .085 milli seconds. Not sure if I need more time or if something else is causing a problem.

I was at the track this past weekend and this happened about every fifth or sixth shift.

I have aftermarket rear sets, but have not had a shifting problem until installation of the quick shifter.

I have it setup for standard shift, any ideas?

·
Registered
62 Posts
I'm having a problem with my quick shifter, its a Cordona quick shifter mounted on a 05 10r

On the first to second shift the transmission will shift into second briefly and then jump out of gear into neutral. I have the delay set at .085 milli seconds. Not sure if I need more time or if something else is causing a problem.

I was at the track this past weekend and this happened about every fifth or sixth shift.

I have aftermarket rear sets, but have not had a shifting problem until installation of the quick shifter.

I have it setup for standard shift, any ideas?

Update your machine with this since you track you bike. I had the exact same issues as you described. Scroll down to the shift star.

http://www.factorypro.com/Prod_Page..._the_zx10_shift_mechanism,_dont_sell_the_bike.

·
Registered
1,238 Posts
I was having a similar problem going from first to second with my PC quick shifter. My shift lever was too high. I lowered the position of my shift lever almost an inch and all is well.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts