Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
recently got an 05 zx10 and i plan on taking it to the local strip (1/8) this will be my first time racing and i was wondering when the best shift points are for acceleration. The bike is currently completely stock. any advice? also what are the best mods to start off with i plan on starting to mod it in a few weeks

·
Registered
2,344 Posts
Lowering would be my first mod if your gonna drag race, where do you live? I have some lowering links I'd swap out for some stock ones.

·
Registered
3,837 Posts
get a front end strap and strap the front end down * it helps out a ton* and pic up some lowering links for the rear... also you wanna shift around 12k right before red line thats where your bike makes it most power/torque at.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Lowering would be my first mod if your gonna drag race, where do you live? I have some lowering links I'd swap out for some stock ones.
id be more interested in buying links so i have the stock ones if i ever want to convert it back

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
get a front end strap and strap the front end down * it helps out a ton* and pic up some lowering links for the rear... also you wanna shift around 12k right before red line thats where your bike makes it most power/torque at.
what brand of strap do you recommend and where is a good place to buy them?

·
Registered
6,028 Posts
:+1: to whats been said. Strap the front, Schnitz is good. I also think zx_racer is selling one in the classified. lower the rear, you can use set-length, 3-hole adjustable or fully adjustable. I like the fully adjustable and have them because I can change the rear height whenever I really feel like it. Slammed at the strip, stock for the street. Just an opinion. Theyre also more expensive.

Go easy on it until you learn what its gonna do when you get on the gas hard. Stock, its gonna wheelie up top in the RPMs. Be ready for that to happen, because thats what they do.

Start your launch with about 5k and work on getting into the throttle quickly while controlling the RPMs with the clutch. Do NOT dump the clutch or it will stand up right at the line.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts