Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i would like to know your opinions on shifting gears, i usually always use the clutch because i can get the smoothest shifts that way, a couple of my friends that ride gsxr's say they clutchless shift and it's a lot smoother for them to do it that way. i notice when i clutchless shift, it isn't a smooth, and it is jerky, is this just me because im not used to shifting that way yet, or does anyone else find this to be the case.

please let me know... thanks

·
Registered
135 Posts
On the race track I always shift up clutchless but on the street I still use it sometimes. Clutchless upshifts work better when 2 things are true... You have a GP pattern shifter and you're in the upper RPM's when shifting. Its actually less smooth and slower to use the clutch in a racing situation.

·
Registered
463 Posts
Green Knight said:
On the race track I always shift up clutchless but on the street I still use it sometimes. Clutchless upshifts work better when 2 things are true... You have a GP pattern shifter and you're in the upper RPM's when shifting. Its actually less smooth and slower to use the clutch in a racing situation.
well I agree with part of that. I do not have a GP config but I am much smoother on the track when not using the clutch.

·
Registered
271 Posts
Usually upshifts and downshifts without clutch.Maybe litlle clutch on downshifts. Depends on corner entry. When you learn its quicker and smother.

·
Registered
787 Posts
To do this you need to preload the shifter .....then just let off the throttle and get back on as quick as possible.

Don't let all the way off......just enough to make the gear change.

You'll find it will shift quicker than you can do...on/off/on again with the gas. Just preload a split second before you what to shift.
And ......only do this if your under hard acceleration.

·
Registered
463 Posts
BackMarker said:
To do this you need to preload the shifter .....then just let off the throttle and get back on as quick as possible.

Don't let all the way off......just enough to make the gear change.

You'll find it will shift quicker than you can do...on/off/on again with the gas. Just preload a split second before you what to shift.
And ......only do this if your under hard acceleration.
well said.

·
Registered
1,405 Posts
When upshifting, I use the clutch as little as possible. This bike is the easiest I've owned to shift clutchless.

But you wouldn't want tell the Kawai service department you do this :badteeth:

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
iv'e been out practicing without the clutch and i figured out what i was doing wrong, you guys are correct, when done right clutchless is like butter and the 10 screams more and more please

·
Registered
4,049 Posts
DethsZX10 said:
I upshift at the track without the clutch.
:+1: and some on the street.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts