Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so im in the process of trying to remove my shift shaft to the upgraded one. ive removed the bolt from the shift linkage and it seems like the shaft should pull straight out. i just want to see if theres any trick to doing this and if theres anything i should be aware before resorting to prying and tapping it out as its not coming out on its own. most likely is as simple as it seems, just want to verify so i dont want to break anything!

·
Registered
1,334 Posts
Gen3 you have obviously removed the clutch pack as your gonna be pulling from that side, well there is only the one circlip on the shaft that is on outside where you removed the single bolt on the linkage then it simply pulls out, try to use a new circlip when re-fitting as they do spread & weaken.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Gen3 you have obviously removed the clutch pack as your gonna be pulling from that side, well there is only the one circlip on the shaft that is on outside where you removed the single bolt on the linkage then it simply pulls out, try to use a new circlip when re-fitting as they do spread & weaken.
Thanks! Yeah I upgraded to a billet basket after seeing all the horror stories, so figure while I'm there replace the shift shaft as well. Completely overlooked that circlip, but she pulled right out afterwards

1 - 7 of 7 Posts