Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
....or maybe I'm overthinking this.

I drag racing my '06 ZX-10 in a couple weeks. It's basically stock with -1 up front.

I've raced cars since the mid '80's and have been riding motorcycles since the mid '70's, but this is the first time to the strip with the bike.

I've been out playing with lainch rpms and clutch feathering as well as shift light rpms.

I noticed that running the bike to redline seems to be just over the torque and hp curve by the butt-dyno. I've moved the shift light down to 11,500 rpm and it seems to pull faster after the shift that it does when I shift above 12,000 rpm. I know better than to trust feel, though.

Anyone else play around with shift points and/or variable shift points for different gears?

You guys are on the timers. Tell me what works.

Thanks in advance,

Lycan

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Found this over at Sport Rider. Figured I'd add it to the search archive.

http://www.sportrider.com/tech/146_0402_art/index.html

It's a shift chart. By my numbers, I should be shifting out of 1st at 12,300. I'm power shifting with the clutch so that probably explains why I feel more torque when I spin it just over 12,000 (due to reaction time on the shift light and clutching).

·
Registered
1,483 Posts
Yep, you should overspin past power peak to maximize power under the curve. At higher RPM the shift won't drop you below the meat of the torque curve. Gear it to go thru the traps at the top of 6th. Good luck.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts