Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey i have an 08 im tryin to put a shift light on, does anyone know what wire i can use for the signal wire? the service manual says "tach signal" using the clip on the back of the gauges, i tried that and it didnt work any ideas please

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i already have a big one tryin to wire it up, i wired it and seen if it would flash when i set the shift light but nothin, i wonder if it needs to b running and reved up to work

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
its a glow shift, instructions say green wire (signal wire) connects to the negative on a coil or the tach terminal on an electronic ignition

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i keep seein 7th pin 7th pin but from what side, top or bottom best yet what color is the thing

·
Registered
376 Posts
has anybody found a good sure fire way to remedy installing an aftermarket light with the factory harness or dash without hacking wires or dismantling the gauge cluster??

·
Registered
617 Posts
has anybody found a good sure fire way to remedy installing an aftermarket light with the factory harness or dash without hacking wires or dismantling the gauge cluster??
I just installed a shift-I on my GEN 2. Very nice by the way and
very programmable. For instance, I set first light to come on at 5k, then
increment each light at intervals of 1k, so, 6k,7k, etc. and all lights
flash at 12k.

Not sure if they are being made any more but a guy on Ebay
has a bunch of new ones.

https://ecliptech.com.au/shift-i/

Jumped the tacho, pos, neg wires from the back of the gauge cluster.
Wasn't very hard to do.

Follow the wiring diagrams from the manual to find the tach,+,-

If you are having problems finding what pin numbers are what pins numbers,
just find the positive/ign pin first with a trouble light first then you will know the pin line up.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts