Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anybody know if there is a shift drum out there that alters the shifting sequence of the bike.
example, stock is= 1 N 2 3 4 5 6
I'm looking for something along the line of the wsb and moto gp style.
example= N 1 2 3 4 5 6 with a neutral lock out
Just a though, I am still searching but haven't found anything for the 10r other than stock replacement.
Stock does not bother me but a shorter more positive throw from first to second would be nice.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Do you have aftermarket rearsets?

I really like how my Attack rearsets have improved the shifting on my '05 10R, and I plan on installing a Factory Pro shift-star and detent arm in the future.

·
Rent this space
6,590 Posts
You cant do it, it is more than the drum that selects the shift sequence, it all depends on where the gears are placed in regards to each other.

I did a thread once on how to remove the neutral position detent so you pass right through, you can still find neutral but its a bear for everyday riding.

·
Registered
83 Posts
I did a thread once on how to remove the neutral position detent so you pass right through, you can still find neutral but its a bear for everyday riding.
I tried looking up your thread just for research, but your attachments wouldn't come up.

Any way they could be restored?

Thanks,

David

·
Rent this space
6,590 Posts
You can see from the pic that the detent for locking neutral is removed so you get a straight pass through to second.

This is a quick fix however you wont have neutral(basically dogs fully engaged either in 1st or 2nd)

·
Rent this space
6,590 Posts
Unfortunately you couldnt get neutral at the beginning as it is basically located in the void between two gears , all the detent does is stop the drum from full rotation to engage the next gear.

·
Rent this space
6,590 Posts
Way back in the stoneage when I used to race bikes , we would fill the detent with weld and use a stronger spring on the pawl to fly through gears, you could just about find neutral when the engine was stopped, if you were lucky.

·
Rent this space
6,590 Posts
Part no 13236a and spring can be replaced with a pawl with larger roller and stiffer spring , this makes engagement real easy as the larger diameter roller doesnt sit in the well of the shifstar as much but is held there with greater spring pressure.

gear_change_mechanism.JPG

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Damn, Guess that won't be happening. I don not have aftermarket rear sets as all my mods are on a serious budget. The only one I know that I wanted to save up for if available was this. Like I said, the stock stuff doesn't bother me. Now I can start looking for something else to put on my bike now.

·
Speed Freak
12,730 Posts
I have the factory pro shift star and detent arm and that thing is butter smooth now!!! I highly recommend buying one.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts