Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
1,436 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So the wife is thinking about getting a bike too, she keeps sending me these pics of girls on bikes.

So i looked around on CL and found some cheap 600f4i and cbrs for less than 3 grand.

I know she will dump it and two, hopefully she wont get in trouble with them.

I send her a link to those bikes.

She replies why the hell you sending me those ugly bikes pictures.

I call her on the cell, she says I know what I want, a 1000 Ninja or a Gixxer

I seriously fell out of my chair laughing and holding my stomach

she hung up on me ahhahahahaha

called her back and said, just because you said that, you are going to start on a 250 ninja or maybe a honda rebel

she said what is that, I said google it

hahahahahah:thefinger

·
Registered
1,436 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
Registered
102 Posts
i started out on an 02 gsxr1000 but i took my time rideing and lowered to have both feet flat on the ground and never dumped it once came close a few time but they were beginner mistakes anybody could make on any bike

·
Registered
744 Posts
Buy mine. Put a throttle stop on it. Pull two plug wires on it. Reverse mods on it after she progresses. You will have twins in the stable then.

You will always hear.

Why cant I keep up with you? We have the same bikes?

·
Registered
1,436 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i started out on an 02 gsxr1000 but i took my time rideing and lowered to have both feet flat on the ground and never dumped it once came close a few time but they were beginner mistakes anybody could make on any bike
I started off on a brand new showroom 03 1000GSXR

put on 5k miles and sold it in brand new condition too

but, Im just afraid man, she will dump it, I know her. She will panick and just do god knows what.

a pic of her on my phone

·
Registered
1,436 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Buy mine. Put a throttle stop on it. Pull two plug wires on it. Reverse mods on it after she progresses. You will have twins in the stable then.

You will always hear.

Why cant I keep up with you? We have the same bikes?
I wish bro, but another 10r would drive me mad, and Im afraid of her dumping that nice bike.

·
Registered
1,436 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Ouch...a rebel? Man she messed up ehh? :lol:
haha I dont know man, I have to get her something nice, maybe a nice 636, and put on a cage and sliders all over it.

·
Registered
4,818 Posts
haha I dont know man, I have to get her something nice, maybe a nice 636, and put on a cage and sliders all over it.
You were right on the money the first time...old 600. My girl rocks an old 600 right now too. It was the right decision IMO...over say a 250.

Just make sure your girl understands that this is her "starter beater" bike....and when she is good enough of a rider if she still wants to pursue it, then get her the bike she really wants. My girl already doesn't ride as much, so a better bike would have been a waste of money really.

·
Registered
494 Posts
make her a deal, get her a beat up 600 for a few hundred bucks and if she can make it around a few blocks without droppin, then you can start shoppin for whatever she wants

=)

·
Registered
1,436 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
You were right on the money the first time...old 600. My girl rocks an old 600 right now too. It was the right decision IMO...over say a 250.

Just make sure your girl understands that this is her "starter beater" bike....and when she is good enough of a rider if she still wants to pursue it, then get her the bike she really wants. My girl already doesn't ride as much, so a better bike would have been a waste of money really.
Im thinking the same brotha, I think she will just get bored of it and leave it alone

and there I go, have a nice track bike like a nice 636

but an older 600 would be perfect, I am leaning towards the older 600s too.

·
Registered
1,436 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
make her a deal, get her a beat up 600 for a few hundred bucks and if she can make it around a few blocks without droppin, then you can start shoppin for whatever she wants

=)
hahah shit man, she never even started a bike, she wouldnt even leave the driveway lol

·
Registered
102 Posts
I started off on a brand new showroom 03 1000GSXR

put on 5k miles and sold it in brand new condition too

but, Im just afraid man, she will dump it, I know her. She will panick and just do god knows what.

a pic of her on my phone
oh ok well if she is really wanting to go that 1000cc jump show her the possibility of holding up the bike when tiping show her how much they weigh the power of just the flick of the rist and if her feet touch the ground good luck hope she changes her mind you know her more then anybody hopefully she listens :lol:

·
Registered
744 Posts
hahah shit man, she never even started a bike, she wouldnt even leave the driveway lol
CRF 100, ttr250 to start off and get the basics learnt. Learn all controls, light weight, dumping it is no issue.

·
Registered
1,436 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
CRF 100, ttr250 to start off and get the basics learnt. Learn all controls, light weight, dumping it is no issue.
right on bro

I think we need to start off with a scooter or someting first or as you mentioned those two

·
Registered
4,818 Posts
So do you know what you are in for when showing her to ride? My girl didn't even know how to drive a stick...

And once she was riding with me, I was so paranoid. If she was behind, I was always in my mirrors making sure she was hitting her apexes, braking points, avoiding debris, etc.
If she was in front, I was always worried she would take a bad line and run-off or something.

Very nerve-racking, for me at least! GL sir!

·
Registered
1,436 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
So do you know what you are in for when showing her to ride? My girl didn't even know how to drive a stick...

And once she was riding with me, I was so paranoid. If she was behind, I was always in my mirrors making sure she was hitting her apexes, braking points, avoiding debris, etc.
If she was in front, I was always worried she would take a bad line and run-off or something.

Very nerve-racking, for me at least! GL sir!
thx guys

Seb I feel you bro

now when she rides with me tandem, I cant really ride how I want to, the whole bike ergos are thrown off

and she keeps screaming and punching me to slow down

so I figure if she has her own bike she canr ride her own ride

but then again as you said Ill be paying more attention to her riding then mine:helmet:

·
Registered
744 Posts
Mine is the opposite. She says the fun really starts over 120mph. She looks over my shoulder as we cruise. 160 indicated is as fast as she has been. She liked that ride.

She learned controls on 3 and 4 wheelers.

1 - 20 of 47 Posts