Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
No I wasn't paying attention to the rear brake and it wore down too much. And now I have small grooves in the rear rotor

·
Registered
700 Posts
If there are minor groves then yes you can turn them down a bit. But not many places will do that. I do it here in the shop on my south bend lathe but not often.

IF they are warped then no there not thick enough to turn and take the warp out.

On the rotor it is stamped with the min. thickness. I think it is 4.5mm so don’t have them turned down more than that.
Or I have a like new rear rotor ill send your for $30 shipped. I would offer to turn yours down but by the time you pay shipping both ways it’s not worth it.

·
Registered
1,289 Posts
If the rotor is grooved, I have been sending them to a machine shop that re-surfaces flywheels and the rotors have been coming out perfect!

·
Registered
1,271 Posts
The For Sale adds on this site and Ebay often have factory rotors forsale. Not sure of your problem or when it happends.

Might make sure your Steering Head Bearing is adjusted correctly.
Knowing when this happens and how makes it simpler to trouble shoot. I did not see that in the first post, and for some reason maybe I just an not able access it.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts