Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
403 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,

I just got done shaving my seat, me and the little lady did it in under an hour. It feels really good!!!!! My center of gravity seems right where it should be for dragging!!!!! I am going to the track tonight, I hope to hit some high 9's.....The track is doing nothing but bikes tonight so that should be a real good time!!! Wish me luck........

Bragg

·
Registered
2,989 Posts
Man. . .at first I was thinking "Shaved the seat?! Wasn't it hard enough for him?? This dude must love the 'Monkey Butt' sensation!!" Then I read the rest, and saw you're a drag racer. . .ahhhh one must demonstrate some patience from time to time huh :lol:

Best of luck to you out there bro, and represent the 10 proper!! :thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,814 Posts
bragg10r said:
Hello all,

I just got done shaving my seat, me and the little lady did it in under an hour. It feels really good!!!!! My center of gravity seems right where it should be for dragging!!!!! I am going to the track tonight, I hope to hit some high 9's.....The track is doing nothing but bikes tonight so that should be a real good time!!! Wish me luck........

Bragg

In the seat shaving did you use a GEL or was that Cream...I prefer the mach 4 ...:eyecrazy:

·
Registered
537 Posts
zx10Duran said:
In the seat shaving did you use a GEL or was that Cream...I prefer the mach 4 ...:eyecrazy:

untitled.jpg

:lol:

·
Registered
4,049 Posts
Good luck to ya.:thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,595 Posts

·
Registered
4,049 Posts

·
Registered
4,682 Posts
see my nut buster thread :lol:

·
Registered
403 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
sczx10r said:
see my nut buster thread :lol:
You are not lying!! I busted my nuts about 8 times on Sat!!!! Bringing her up in first is no joke when you have no padding there!!!!!!!! I think i'm gonna wear a cup next time!!! :eyecrazy:

·
Registered
1,069 Posts
Cool...:thumbsup: However, I'm assuming this is a mod for drag racers primarily? I don't think I'd want my seat shaved like a saddle for twisties cuz you move around on the seat alot and the "hump" shape in the seat would be uncomfortable.

·
Registered
698 Posts

·
Registered
1,069 Posts
10R said:
Hump shape? I don't know what you mean. I will say that when I did mine, I thought it improved the handling in the twisties. I have no complaints other than next time I will use an electric knife, not a razor blade.:thumbsup:

http://putfile.com/pic.php?pic=4/9120464235.jpg&s=x11
http://putfile.com/pic.php?pic=4/9120453651.jpg&s=x11
By hump shape, I mean that some people shave their seat and make it look like a saddle (extreme dip or curvature), whereas the stock seat and even the seats on race bikes are much more flat.

·
Registered
698 Posts
IcePick06 said:
By hump shape, I mean that some people shave their seat and make it look like a saddle (extreme dip or curvature), whereas the stock seat and even the seats on race bikes are much more flat.

Ahh.......Like I did.:lol: Well, I'm happy with it. It gave me better control of the bike. I like sitting more in the bike than on it.

·
Registered
403 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Yes you feel more in control, on the strip, and on the twistys!!! I was going around curves at about 75-80 which i normally do about 60-65!!! Kind of a straight line rider...........I can lean now, I figured it out by watching videos of how to place your body and lean into the curve and still maintaining body position over the bike........Curves can get pretty tricky though, and I tend to back out of alot of them when my speed is triple digits!!!!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts