Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,248 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
...anyone here got them through your dealership when purchasing a new bike? If so are you pleased with the service/care provided? I'm on the fence about whether to invest in one or not. I may do the extended warranty, but obviously am unsure about any "pre-paid" maintenance plan.

Thanks,
D

·
Starbucks Connoisseur
4,368 Posts
Service as in work like oil changes? Tune ups?
on a bike? I didn't know there was such a thing

·
Registered
2,248 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Static IP said:
Service as in work like oil changes? Tune ups?
on a bike? I didn't know there was such a thing
Yup, a local dealership offers what they call a "prepaid maintenance plan," which basically covers your first 6 service intervals.

D

·
Registered
595 Posts
Hell I think my local dealers should pay me to work on my bike. I would not let them touch it, I did once, and never will again.
As for the extended warranty I can not remember how much it would have cost me, I think it was something like $1K(?) for an extra 2 years. Not worth it in my opinion I will take the odds on something not happening that will cost me $1000 in those 2 years.

·
Registered
3,449 Posts
Why pay service if you could do oil change your self, better fluids syntentic oil, better coolant. As for extended warranty I payed 549 for 3 year but should got 2 years only, if your keeping the bike long term may be resale value may be better.

·
Starbucks Connoisseur
4,368 Posts
WOW, I wish my dealships had that, how much and for how long and I can tell you the pros and cons.

·
Registered
871 Posts
The last dealership I worked for offered one, it makes the dealership a ton of money, and is a good deal most of the time, if you use it, ours had unlimited free oil changes, so if you got your oil changed alot it made sense:) What are the specifics on your there plan, what's included, price and such?

SG

·
Registered
1,595 Posts
Larry Grogan said:
As for the extended warranty I can not remember how much it would have cost me, I think it was something like $1K(?) for an extra 2 years.
:eyecrazy: :eyecrazy: :eyecrazy:
I paid about $400 for the 4 year extended warranty (but no service plan).

·
Registered
595 Posts
lavudyar said:
:eyecrazy: :eyecrazy: :eyecrazy:
I paid about $400 for the 4 year extended warranty (but no service plan).
Your figures are probably more accurate than mine, I just remember thinking that I would probably be money ahead to not purchase it.

·
Registered
919 Posts
For something as simple as oil changes there's no need to let a shop do it....You will save so much money doing it yourself and guarantee it's done right.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts