Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got the great news from my xrays. Severe osteo arthritis in both hips. I hope my sportbike riding days are not over. I haven't been to the sports medicine orthopod yet but I'm guessing he's going to tell me I need my hips replaced. f##k. I guess I'll have to do my Larry Pegram impression. lol

·
Registered
619 Posts
How old are you? Can you just take methotrexate or a naproxen before riding?

·
Registered
2,929 Posts
Hips are a fantastic result!had both done and recovery is very quick!now knees are a nightmare in recovery and pain

·
Registered
2,929 Posts
Well the thing is now when I ride I'm not in pain!so what stopped me before with pain with movement is now zero pain with no reel restrictions on movement!honestly what your facing now with stiffness and being uncomfortable will be a memory if hip replacement is done!I had my right done in 2009 and my left done in 2011!dont suffer and rely on medication if replacements is the option

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Well the thing is now when I ride I'm not in pain!so what stopped me before with pain with movement is now zero pain with no reel restrictions on movement!honestly what your facing now with stiffness and being uncomfortable will be a memory if hip replacement is done!I had my right done in 2009 and my left done in 2011!dont suffer and rely on medication if replacements is the option
Thanks for the info. I will know in a couple of weeks what my options are.

·
Registered
718 Posts
I have a full Metal on metal hip replacement on my right side. Had it done in 2010. You'll be fine. I suggest some bar risers at the very least and maybe some lowering pegs. Without at least the risers the angle will be very rough on the joint and will put you in an awkward and uncomfortable position. You'll know what I mean after you have them done. It's borderline dangerous because you can bend more than a certain amount. A resurface would be great,a incentives you don't have those issues.

·
Registered
2,929 Posts
I agree with you Victors!it feels like at some movements when using my hips you could go past the point of rotation and it's going to just pop!so at that stage I stop!and really who needs to be able to have your ankles at your ear holes

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I have a full Metal on metal hip replacement on my right side. Had it done in 2010. You'll be fine. I suggest some bar risers at the very least and maybe some lowering pegs. Without at least the risers the angle will be very rough on the joint and will put you in an awkward and uncomfortable position. You'll know what I mean after you have them done. It's borderline dangerous because you can bend more than a certain amount. A resurface would be great,a incentives you don't have those issues.
Thanks for the info it seems that riding will actually be better and less painful after getting hips replaced. I've been riding a long time and really hate the thought of not being able to do it anymore.

·
The Pace
6,931 Posts
dang, I'm always getting injuries from whatever and my latest is a pulled muscle in the gluteus maximus area. First pulled hamstring during jog, not serious, but had to stop for a week. Now pulled another muscle in that area but on other side two weeks ago yet still feel a tinge. Worse thing about jogging is restarting so hoping that in one more week I will be ready to go. idk. Then I read your problem! So hope I don't share it. Best to you!

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
dang, I'm always getting injuries from whatever and my latest is a pulled muscle in the gluteus maximus area. First pulled hamstring during jog, not serious, but had to stop for a week. Now pulled another muscle in that area but on other side two weeks ago yet still feel a tinge. Worse thing about jogging is restarting so hoping that in one more week I will be ready to go. idk. Then I read your problem! So hope I don't share it. Best to you!

Well I'm guessing your younger than me so hopefully its just muscular and not arthritis.

·
Starbucks Connoisseur
4,368 Posts
1 - 16 of 16 Posts