Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,524 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
During Sunday's race at Barber for MotoAmerica we got hit with last minute rain that f&^!ed up our setup plans. I had to change Hayden Gillim's settings on the fly to help give him grip in the rain. I was talking to some people about setup and what we did to Hayden's bike to help get him on the box when it got me thinking about a good conversation starter.

Do you change your setup for the rain, why or why not? And what do you change if you do?

From this weekend

·
Registered
2,695 Posts
you soften everything up 2-3 turns. it's a little late now but, if he's there next year, head over to Nick McFaddens pits and chat with Dave Alexander. Dave is one of the best suspension guys out there, hands down.

·
Registered
632 Posts
Mmmmm...podium girls...*drool*

Is that a wet rear tire that's worn completely through the tread?

·
Registered
345 Posts
Do you change your setup for the rain, why or why not?
I change fork spring from 10.0 to 9.0 N/mm. Why? Because with weaker spring you can compress forks very close to bottoming. Puts more weigth on front tire, hard braking causes no front slide, but rear will dance a bit (enables to feel avaliable traction).
Clickers I open up 3 at Ktech forks and 2 at Ohlins shock. Why? I don't know, its just a suggestion from other racers.

What clickers should be opened?
How many click as general guideline?
What is the theory behind opening clicker(s) in wet?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts