Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Help... fitting a 2005 zx10r engine into my Kit car (normal bike is a zx6r) and i want to set the milage to zero... anyone know where i can find instructions to do this..

the clock i am using is off a zx636, i am led to believe that it will work..:donkey1:

·
Premium Member
4,392 Posts
You are not supposed to be able to do that at all; it would encourage a lot of fraudulent sales of used vehicles (which happens often enough anyway) ... Buy a low mileage instrument cluster.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
People will be people..

Sorry to say it can be done... and it can be set to any number the client wishes.. in the UK the milage has to be recorded each year so fraud is a litle harder but not imposible.. what i'm trying to avoid is the £100 charge to re set the clock.. someone must know how it's done.

·
Still here
9,059 Posts
Sorry to say it can be done... and it can be set to any number the client wishes.. in the UK the milage has to be recorded each year so fraud is a litle harder but not imposible.. what i'm trying to avoid is the £100 charge to re set the clock.. someone must know how it's done.
Pay the money- they must have software and some connectors to fit different vehicles. They already put in the R&D and bought the equip.

The speedo reset service- brought to you by the guys who were writing the scripts and illegally programming Direct TV cards.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
yeah .... but..

i bet most of them got the software by asking on places like this....

Can anyone help??

·
Retired post whore
8,463 Posts
Blueguages.com offers a service like this

·
Retired post whore
8,463 Posts
Can't help you with that one, good luck

·
Still here
9,059 Posts

·
Registered
848 Posts
probably because its illegal. Like one guy said....just buy one with low milage, thats enough fraud 4 ya. You being greedy you want ZERO!:crackup:

·
Speed Freak
12,730 Posts
buy a new gauge cluster, it will be set to 000000 sure they cost alot but if you absoutly want it to be set at 0 there ya go, if not set the trip meter to 0 by pressing the reset button.

·
Registered
516 Posts
Well I can tell you after inadvertently retarding my speedo and odo when I installed my TRE it is the black wire with yellow stripe in the 10 spot on the harness connector.

1 2 3
4 5 6 7
8 9 10

The question is where is the data stored? It can't be in the cluster itself because if you wanted a low mileage bike you would simply order a new cluster. You may be able to access it via the ECU with Kawi version of the PCIII software.:dontknow:

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
its definately in the cluster, as the milage comes with the clocks... not the ecu... I'm thinking that one of the wires is a cam bus or i2c.. but at what address / etc... i have no clue... Heeelllppp!!!

·
Registered
516 Posts
its definately in the cluster, as the milage comes with the clocks... not the ecu... I'm thinking that one of the wires is a cam bus or i2c.. but at what address / etc... i have no clue... Heeelllppp!!!

Interesting, If you open the cluster, it may be as simple as a reset pin.:mrgreen:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts