Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

121 - 140 of 149 Posts

·
Speed Freak
12,730 Posts
Tried that already that was the first thing I did
You should start another thread instead of posting in this one with your issue just to keep this one on track but maybe there is something else going on. Have you pulled the codes and verified that it was in fact the wheel speed sensor. One time I left a air sensor unplugged and thought it was something else until I pulled the codes.

The manual says to do this 3 times so not sure how long you did that cycle for but I'd say do exactly what the manual says unless you can get your hands on a KDS :nerd:

·
Speed Freak
12,730 Posts
Nice to see you back Garth hope all is going well. :thumbsup:

bloo
Thanks Bloo, I still lerk from time to time on here, I dont currently have any motorcycles or toys, just waiting for that lotto ticket to hit so I can buy a fleet of kawis lol 0:)

·
Bloo Moderator
23,742 Posts
Thanks Bloo, I still lerk from time to time on here, I dont currently have any motorcycles or toys, just waiting for that lotto ticket to hit so I can buy a fleet of kawis lol 0:)
Is there another kind? :mrgreen:

bloo

·
Registered
57 Posts
Just to show that I may have to much time on my hands, which I don't. Found an error in the service manuals for 06-07 and 08-10. Section 10-2 the exploded view of the rear tire does not show the placement of the chain adjustment blocks, or whatever that piece is called, on each end of the axle.

Not usually this anal but sometimes I do pay attention.

·
REPOST Enforcement Mod
13,558 Posts
Just to show that I may have to much time on my hands, which I don't. Found an error in the service manuals for 06-07 and 08-10. Section 10-2 the exploded view of the rear tire does not show the placement of the chain adjustment blocks, or whatever that piece is called, on each end of the axle.

Not usually this anal but sometimes I do pay attention.
It's not an error. They are shown in the Suspension chapter with the swingarm. They're not part of the rear wheel since the adjustment screws go in the swingarm.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Well that makes sense - I mean it being part of the swing arm. But no matter what you say, there is no way you can get that part in after the rear wheel is on. So, as an "exploded" view that diagram is WRONG. No matter how you look at it, its wrong. Kind of like reading instructions you sometimes receive with products made in China. The meaning is there but you just got to laugh... Like this for example; "Loosen the banjo bolt (A) at the brake hose lower end, and tighten it loosely." I mean WTF does that mean? lol...

Anyway if you were going off that exploded view and assembling your rear axle, you would not be able to assemble it correctly, PERIOD.

So it is an error, since the axle goes through that part. But I see what your saying, since the exploded view does not show the swing arm either. However in that respect I feel that the part in question belongs on the exploded view of the rear axle rather than the view of the swing arm since there is no relation to the axle... What I mean is would you put the washer on the back or front of plate? I know the answer but where does it show you?

·
REPOST Enforcement Mod
13,558 Posts
Well that makes sense - I mean it being part of the swing arm. But no matter what you say, there is no way you can get that part in after the rear wheel is on. So, as an "exploded" view that diagram is WRONG. No matter how you look at it, its wrong. Kind of like reading instructions you sometimes receive with products made in China. The meaning is there but you just got to laugh... Like this for example; "Loosen the banjo bolt (A) at the brake hose lower end, and tighten it loosely." I mean WTF does that mean? lol...

Anyway if you were going off that exploded view and assembling your rear axle, you would not be able to assemble it correctly, PERIOD.

So it is an error, since the axle goes through that part. But I see what your saying, since the exploded view does not show the swing arm either. However in that respect I feel that the part in question belongs on the exploded view of the rear axle rather than the view of the swing arm since there is no relation to the axle... What I mean is would you put the washer on the back or front of plate? I know the answer but where does it show you?

Well then you'd need the swingarm in the picture too. Cause you'd never know how to install the wheel otherwise.:idea: :wink:

·
REPOST Enforcement Mod
13,558 Posts
My download i'snt working, would anyone be able to emeil me the gen 4 zx10r service manual? Thanks. ( [email protected] )
It's too big to email in most cases, which is why the file sharing link is there. Click the link, wait the 30 secs, then click the download button. The file will open and then you can "view the original" and save a copy to your computer from that point. I just tried it and it works fine. But you'll likely need to do it from a PC and not a tablet or mobile device.

·
REPOST Enforcement Mod
13,558 Posts
can someone email me a pdf of the 2011 zx10 service manual I cannot down load or open.

[email protected]
Nah, it's too large to email. That's why it's posted with the link in the first post. The link works, you're just not using it right. Click the link, wait for the 15 seconds to count down and expose the "download" button (may have to do this twice). If you don't have a sabercat account, then you have to wait for the free stuff to pop up. When you click the download button, verify you're human by selecting the reCAPTCHA stuff and selecting the proper pics. The PDF file will be displayed and you can scroll through it or click the download link near the file name.

It works just fine as I just tried it several times. Takes less than a minute to go through the process. And use an actual computer, not some smart phone.

·
Registered
558 Posts
I download the race kit manual pdf for zx10r 2016 but then i couldn t open it. Does anyone have the same problem? Maybe anyone have an other link ?
Thanks

·
ZX-10R enthusiast
6,556 Posts
I download the race kit manual pdf for zx10r 2016 but then i couldn t open it. Does anyone have the same problem? Maybe anyone have an other link ?
Thanks
I've been trying to find a link for that, would you please share it so I can download? If it works for me perhaps I could email or dropbox it to you.

121 - 140 of 149 Posts