Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

101 - 120 of 149 Posts

·
Bloo Moderator
23,742 Posts
AAAAAAHHH!!! I saw the word chiltons! sorry overly expensive toilet paper came to mind.
Even Toilet Paper has a purpose what do you use? :spit:

I bought from a guy at a swap meet around 50 of them mostly 1970s-90s year books for $1 a piece I only put around 7 of them on ebay and a few sold already for $10 a pop but need to put the rest in the store but the point being they are still popular. :wink: you have to re-read I said I use them in conjunction with the $100-$200 OEM books they are by no means a bible for maintenance just quick references with color pictures as opposed to OEM black and white drawings. :wink:

bloo

·
REPOST Enforcement Mod
13,558 Posts
I need it really bad asap! I took the rear wheel speed sensor off and this thing is pissed!!
Really? You need a service manual to tell you to reconnect the wheel speed sensor??? Put the sensor back on. :idea:

·
Speed Freak
12,730 Posts
It doesn't auto clear like before and it will go into limp mode. And all s-krtc functions stop. And only revs to 11k. It will go into this mode even running on the stand
You most likely need to go run the bike on the road, both wheels need to be turning at the same speeds for it to realize everything is ok.

I have the 16 Service manual in PDF and will look later to see if theres anything specific to that problem.

·
Speed Freak
12,730 Posts
Sorry guys for taking the manuals down, owning a house now and having a 2 kids I do not want to chance kawi coming after me for posting their material.

·
REPOST Enforcement Mod
13,558 Posts
You don't need to take it to the dealer to erase the codes. What Garth posted :)hello: Garth!) is in the G4 manual as well. Finding a dealer with the KDS system is near impossible, and that's only for STORED codes, not active ones. From everything that has been worked out with the G4, the codes clear when the error is gone and retrieving a "stored code" is fictitious unless you work for Kawi HQ.

So two things:
1) You didn't reinstall the sensor properly and it's not seeing the sensor ring.
or
2) You need to get the system working by riding the bike. The system is disabled below 5kph (3.1mph). And if the rear wheel is turning and the front is not when the system goes through the start up procedure, then you'll get errors. You need to ride the bike above 5 mph as Garth states with the front wheel turning to get it to respond and clear out the error.

101 - 120 of 149 Posts