Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
ZX-10R enthusiast
6,556 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, this may seem kinda weird, but I'm contemplating selling my 04 ZX-10R for. . . .an 04 ZX-10R :heyyou: I love mine, but I want some change. This one I want seems a pretty nice deal for all the goodies on it. Has about 7k miles. I will transfer certain things from my bike to this other one if I get it. Also thinking about putting some gold CZ's on it :mrgreen:

Here's the bike, he's been trying to sell it since Aug7th.
He started @ 65 and is now asking $5700.
Your thoughts? And of course, I always do what makes me happy =)

Attachments

·
ZX-10R enthusiast
6,556 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Mod list:
Arata titanium full exhaust with carbon fiber can
PC-3 USB
PC-3 quick shifter push button
BMC Race air filter
Scott's steering damper
SpeedoHealer
Vortex adjustable rearsets
CRG brake and clutch levers
Ivan's servo eliminator switch
MRA double bubble windscreen
Wired for radar detector with radar screamer (speaker)
Galfer ss brake lines front and rear
EBC HH sintered front brake pads
Cox radiator guard
16t front sprocket (17t stock front sprocket included)
Frame sliders
Fork sliders
Swingarm spools/sliders
Michelin Pilot Power tires
Nissin front master cylinder with bigger piston for firmer brakes
Fender eliminator with short stalk turn signals
Flushmount front turn signals

·
Guilty by association
8,751 Posts
it looks bad ass, are you gonna come out on top or break even selling yours? good luck getting it, black is sick

·
Registered
1,583 Posts
I am not a fan of the polished wheel lips and the polished/chrome bar ends. I always though the black accented with gold was hot. If yours is the orange one in your avatar than I probably would keep it. Probably hard finding color matching riding gear though. The Black really looks sexy when polished up though. Just so hard to keep flawless. I always end up with minor scratches or swirl marks. All those mods are nice, but was it installed right? Was the maintenance kept up? I like new purchases since I know the history. Do what makes you happy, that's what I would do. :eek:ccasion1

·
Banned
2,838 Posts
Mod list:
Arata titanium full exhaust with carbon fiber can
PC-3 USB
PC-3 quick shifter push button
BMC Race air filter
Scott's steering damper
SpeedoHealer
Vortex adjustable rearsets
CRG brake and clutch levers
Ivan's servo eliminator switch
MRA double bubble windscreen
Wired for radar detector with radar screamer (speaker)
Galfer ss brake lines front and rear
EBC HH sintered front brake pads
Cox radiator guard
16t front sprocket (17t stock front sprocket included)
Frame sliders
Fork sliders
Swingarm spools/sliders
Michelin Pilot Power tires
Nissin front master cylinder with bigger piston for firmer brakes
Fender eliminator with short stalk turn signals
Flushmount front turn signals
Nice list of mods ,but all that stuff wont help you as much as better suspension! and track time, I would keep your bike and upgrade suspension My.02$

·
Registered
2,105 Posts
i'd agree with ZX10RACER and say keep your bike and upgrade suspension.

·
Registered
1,929 Posts
That seems like a really good deal. I would buy it and mix and match parts to yor hearts conent, then sell whatever frankenbike (with black fairings) is left.

·
Gun Owning Republican
5,278 Posts
If you were trading it for something you did not have yeah...But in this case no.

·
ZX-10R enthusiast
6,556 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
it looks bad ass, are you gonna come out on top or break even selling yours? good luck getting it, black is sick
Well, my bike has some damage on the left side, so not sure how much I'm looking to get for it.

Aside from the it being black and yours being orange, what are the other 'changes' that your looking at?
I just want some change, the color, the parts, everything. I like the bike and wanna make it my own. It's fun having new things in your possession to play with :cool:

Nice list of mods ,but all that stuff wont help you as much as better suspension! and track time, I would keep your bike and upgrade suspension My.02$
Yes, I know, I've got about 12 trackdays under my belt, 10 on the 10 and 2 on the 636. If I make my way back to the track, I will be on a bike that doesn't eat up a decent set of tires every 2 TD's :headshake

If you were trading it for something you did not have yeah...But in this case no.
I've thought about getting a leftover 08 but not too sure.

·
ZX-10R enthusiast
6,556 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
All those mods are nice, but was it installed right? Was the maintenance kept up? I like new purchases since I know the history.
Actually, now that I think of it. A member here used to own this bike.
Magzx12r I think. Ionno, call me crazy I just want something different that I can play with and modify.
I think this black one is a good platform.

·
Registered
635 Posts
That bike has been on Craigslist for a long time which usally means a shit deal somewhere. I would approach it with a fine tooth comb and go over every inch of the bike under a scope. My money is on some internal problems and thats why it wont sell. If you want change whats wrong with switching up your current setup on a bike you already own and trust? Just my .02 man

·
ZX-10R enthusiast
6,556 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
That bike has been on Craigslist for a long time which usally means a shit deal somewhere. I would approach it with a fine tooth comb and go over every inch of the bike under a scope. My money is on some internal problems and thats why it wont sell. If you want change whats wrong with switching up your current setup on a bike you already own and trust? Just my .02 man
A lot of the ZX-10R's have been on craigslist for a long time. I sold a clean 636 a while back and it took about a month. Not as big of a market for 1000's I'd imagine. I always give a really good once over when purchasing. Internal problems? Doubt it, but I'd be test riding it anyway

·
ZX-10R enthusiast
6,556 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Man fuck it I'm just gonna keep mine and ride it till it blows up :mrgreen:
Too much hassle trying to get another one and sell mine.

·
Registered
276 Posts
wait for the 2011 dude!

·
Registered
1,929 Posts
Good call, I think the tax title license will be more that a piece of plastic or two- make your spotless.

·
Registered
328 Posts
come on guys, we all know the black is faster (the color....oh yea, i'm goin there!) but in all honesty i just don't see the point of traading an 04....for an 04..where's the fun in that? is it the goodies you like? the color? but if i were you i'd just fix the one you got. you know that bike like the back of your hand.

·
Registered
1,359 Posts
Man fuck it I'm just gonna keep mine and ride it till it blows up :mrgreen:
Too much hassle trying to get another one and sell mine.
Yeah, my first thought was "mmmmmmmm, Arata." But I wouldn't sell my 04 just to get another 04. Plus, Black isn't for me. I like to clean my bike every few weeks, not every few hours.

·
Registered
775 Posts
I am not a fan of the polished wheel lips and the polished/chrome bar ends. I always though the black accented with gold was hot. If yours is the orange one in your avatar than I probably would keep it. Probably hard finding color matching riding gear though. The Black really looks sexy when polished up though. Just so hard to keep flawless. I always end up with minor scratches or swirl marks. All those mods are nice, but was it installed right? Was the maintenance kept up? I like new purchases since I know the history. Do what makes you happy, that's what I would do. :eek:ccasion1
At the time, I like the polished wheel lips more, but now I like my all black wheels better. The bar ends are heavyweight bar ends to help reduce vibration.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts