Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,405 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been swapping out a lot of O.E. parts for aftermarket lately (chain, sprockets, mirrors, rear sets, muffler, etc., etc.,) and wondered if there might be some sort of rule thumb when it comes to keeping this stuff verses selling it.

I have a 2004 and plan to own it for at least 2 more years... so I'm thinking it would benefit me, by a couple of hundred dollars, to sell what I have and not worry so much about the ability of returning the bike back to stock.

Any advice either way?

:thumbsup:

TIA
Phil

·
I really need to get out of the house
11,176 Posts
I kept my stock foot controls and pipe and windscreen with the intent of swapping them back out before I sell it.

I don't think you'll get anymore for your bike with aftermarket parts on it. But you should get something for those parts by selling them on ebay when you're done using them.

·
Registered
5,969 Posts
You will never know when a cop will come around and cite you for aftermarket windscreen, blinkers, exhaust - you will need to reinstall all the stuff to get the ticket signed off...

·
Registered
165 Posts
Damned if you do damned if you dont. Most likely it will end up collecting dust in your garage like all of my previous bike parts. Out with the old, in with the new! If you live life in the past, your life is nothing but history.

·
Registered
10,362 Posts
upsman said:
Damned if you do damned if you dont. Most likely it will end up collecting dust in your garage like all of my previous bike parts. Out with the old, in with the new! If you live life in the past, your life is nothing but history.
so true, but the past will come back and haunt you. you sell something and you break your after market part. one would say " dam!, I had that part to and i sold it".

1 - 8 of 8 Posts