Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
512 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is there an a/f data logger that can temporarily be used to tune your bike without a dyno?

·
Speed Freak
12,730 Posts
well you have to pretty much run both programs and when you log a run your looking at throttle position, rpm's and air/fuel.... so if you see way at 9,500 rpm's the air fuel a 100% throttle is at say... 12.2:1 and in power commander at 9,500 at 100% you have the number (8) in there you would lower it to say 2 or 3 and re-test to see if it leaned it out to the 12.8-13.2 range

Or you could make the logs, email me your map and log and I'll send you back a modded map lol...

·
Speed Freak
12,730 Posts
no its not but I gotta tell ya its worth the investment of neve rhaving to worry about trusting some guy with your bike on a dyno, there are a lot of guys who try to scam you outta your money and do nothing for your bike.

It is worth the investment though.... hell look at how many times I've changed something on my bike.. all I have to do is ride it down the street and back and I can completely re-tune my bike for that specific mod...

·
Registered
286 Posts
no its not but I gotta tell ya its worth the investment of neve rhaving to worry about trusting some guy with your bike on a dyno, there are a lot of guys who try to scam you outta your money and do nothing for your bike.

It is worth the investment though.... hell look at how many times I've changed something on my bike.. all I have to do is ride it down the street and back and I can completely re-tune my bike for that specific mod...

:+1: I also use the WEGOIII by Daytona Sensors. The other bonus is that it can be switched from bike to bike quite easily. My Dad originally bought one for tuning his drag bike but, I put it back on mine from time time when I make any changes to see where my tune is.

·
Registered
685 Posts

I agree with it being worth the expense but its a little more involved than riding down the street and back. Well, unless you can hit every throttle position and RPM range on the street you live on. Daytona Sensors has software that will "map" very closely to the DynoJet software. They give you numbers to put in based on the target A/F ratio you select after logging the bike. You put those numbers in and send the map to your bike and you have effectively dyno tuned your own bike. :thumbsup:

·
Speed Freak
12,730 Posts
yeah I didnt mean that one run and you can tune the bike lol... takes quite a bit of time to get every rpm n tps but as long as you make use of the time on the bike like marking tp's on the throttle you can do a map pretty quick

1 - 10 of 10 Posts