Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Am looking for the most hassle-free brake lines to install on an 06/07 10R.

I am not looking for advice/tips/horror stories on bleeding 'em, and I don't care about any performance anecdotes. I am just looking for which brands have given trouble in terms of installation and fitness. For example, any problems when turning the bike at the end of the range at either side? Any problems turning it far enough to engage the steering lock?

I don't want to have to modify anything in order to install on 2006-2007 10-Rs. So which brands were easiest? HEL, Goodridge, Spiegler, Galfer?

·
Registered
13 Posts
Hi

here in SA we have a race series running 35 '07's and all of them are running HEL lines and have had no problems to date with them........

·
Registered
603 Posts
The fitment should pretty much all be the same.... I mean as long as the lines are the correct length, you have to do the exact same thing to install and bleed them. You can route them however you like, you don't necessarily have to go exactly like the stock lines do.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks to those who have replied thus far. I want to make sure I don't have a bolt problem, or have to mod anything around my master cylinder.

Keep your ss brake line installation comments coming! If you had a problem installing your brake lines on your 06-07 10R, now's the time to vent, people!

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for the link, Surfside. I have heard similar things about the "Superbike" lines.

·
Green Hippie
17,566 Posts
I've got the superbike lines and no problems with fit or function

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
According to what feedback I've gotten, it seems that Galfer are the easiest to install and fit the best. Anyone else care to comment?

·
Registered
2,528 Posts
I just installed some Goodridge on my 05...not sure how different they are to install than on the 06/07's but the fitment was ok. I was a little dissapointed that at the m/c the factory fittings had an angle and the goodridge set for the bike came down straight which seemed to effect the clutch cable a bit. Other than that though they perform excellent.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts