Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2016 Kawasaki ZX-10R KRT ABS Edition
683 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Curious to know if anyone is running a security system on their bike such as an alarm, gps, or both.
I had a Scorpio alarm in the past, but they're a bit pricey, and the range wasn't great. Maybe there's something better?

·
Registered
1,489 Posts
My bike came with a Gorilla Alarm installed. It's pretty nice, no GPS function though. If I were to buy one I'd definitely look into one with some sort of GPS tracking.

I'm with scout, I don't run too many errands on the bike and most time I try to leave it parked where I can see.

Every once in awhile I ride it to work and I'll park in the parking garage that has cameras.

·
Registered
2016 Kawasaki ZX-10R KRT ABS Edition
683 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
My bike came with a Gorilla Alarm installed. It's pretty nice, no GPS function though. If I were to buy one I'd definitely look into one with some sort of GPS tracking.

I'm with scout, I don't run too many errands on the bike and most time I try to leave it parked where I can see.

Every once in awhile I ride it to work and I'll park in the parking garage that has cameras.
Only cons to the GPS are the fees, I would prefer a brand with monthly vs yearly fees since I live in MI and only really get 6-7 months of ride time. But I like to take the bike out downtown and ride and then grab a bite to eat, and I know it can literally take 2-3 guys, a van, & less than 30 seconds to cop your s*** so having that $XXX tracker would be the cheapest insurance out there. 9-1-1 will be at their door before they have a chance to step out the vehicle lmao

·
Registered
2,344 Posts
Best option is full coverage insurance. I can't remember the last time I heard an alarm going off and I actually paid attention. That goes the same with most people.

·
Registered
2018 ZX10R SE
1,116 Posts
I got the rlink system. just installed it. paid for 2 years. supposed to track and store all rides and push notifications if tilted or moved out of geofence area etc. unlimited tracking etc

1 - 7 of 7 Posts