Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
683 Posts
Why dont you test the throttle position sensor as well just to see what is the best voltage to set it at, as to there is a specified range which the throttle position sensor needs to be in to work with the ECU Ignition Map. There is a SWEET spot in that specified voltage range which will give and allow better performance and response. Throttle Position Sensor Voltage Range/ECU Ignition Map works hand in hand.....

·
Registered
2,616 Posts
:thumbsup: Rep sent! I read your thread on the tre dissection as well. After recently removing my secondary flies, my bike hesitates off idle and when cold. Past the 4k rpm mark it is fine, but i suspect there is some fueling issues at low rpm. I have been trying to locate some screws for the secondaries so I could put them back until I can afford a pcIII and tune. GL w/ your testing.

·
Registered
1,688 Posts
Why dont you test the throttle position sensor as well just to see what is the best voltage to set it at, as to there is a specified range which the throttle position sensor needs to be in to work with the ECU Ignition Map. There is a SWEET spot in that specified voltage range which will give and allow better performance and response. Throttle Position Sensor Voltage Range/ECU Ignition Map works hand in hand.....

Isn't your Throttle Position displayed and adjustable in the Dynojet software?

What am I missing here?

·
Registered
677 Posts
This is my next project that I plan to share with the forum. I am going to determine exactly at what RPM in each gear the secondarys open and are fully open. This will aide in tuning and on what gear will work best with what gear position resistance value.

I am going to do this by measuring the voltage coming out of the secondary sensor using a special harness adapter (see pix) and a voltmeter. The service manual gives the voltage specs but not at what RPM or what gear.

YES, I know you can just remove the secondarys, but I do not wish to do so at this time.

I have the harness adapter and will velcro my voltmeter to my gas tank cap GPS mount and go out riding and data log when the max open voltage occurs and in which gear and at what RPM.

As far as I know I am not copying anyone else's work, but if thats the case please let me know.

The harness adapter as you can see in the picture is plug and play and has pigtails spliced on to attach to the voltmeter.
cool, or I could moniter the data stream from the race kit ecu and get the info that way:) hmm now I have a reason to buy that freaking gazillon dollar programing cable:) kit ecu allows you to fully control the secondarys btw

·
Premium Member
4,394 Posts
Isn't your Throttle Position displayed and adjustable in the Dynojet software?

What am I missing here?
Not the secondary throttle position ... only the primary one.

It would be interesting to know how the secondarys operate in relation to the primaries.

·
Registered
1,382 Posts
What I would like is a plug in that I can use, so I can remove the shaft with motor without the service light coming on.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts