Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Whats up guys, I am new here and have a tech question. I recently bought an 03 636 that was all apart. The guy before me took the butterfly servo motor off the side of the throttle bodies, and I was wondering if I need to calibrate this when I put it back on. The manual says not to remove it, or else the throttle body assembly needs to be replaced. :dontknow: I put it back on, and the bike seems to run fine, but I want to make sure it is working ok. Anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks
Michael

·
Registered
1,486 Posts
I talked to the guy that tuned my bike and he said it does need to be calibrated, not only is it the secondaries but it also has the TPS (throttle position snesor) built into it also. I saw the samw thing in the manual and they do not give any measurements to be able to put it on. You can do it if you have a PCIII usb as it shows you on the prog what the throttle opening % is, you would want to make sure it is at 100% open at full twist at the handlebar.

If you dont have one I would say get someone that has another 03/04 636 and look at thiers under closed throttle and open throttle and see what thiers is positioned at as a reference.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts