Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
871 Posts
As far as I know there isn't anyone yet. Servobuddy makes one for the gen4, and I have contacted them multiple times asking if they have plans to male one for the early models, to which I always get the response "not at this time". I am very interested in this for my gen3 as well, maybe this thread will uncover something new besides having the ecu reflashed.

·
Registered
507 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
As far as I know there isn't anyone yet. Servobuddy makes one for the gen4, and I have contacted them multiple times asking if they have plans to male one for the early models, to which I always get the response "not at this time". I am very interested in this for my gen3 as well, maybe this thread will uncover something new besides having the ecu reflashed.
ya, i was a tester for a module they tried making. it didnt work and when i sent back the feedback they simply replied "we will not be continuing this project at this time"

You mean remove the servo motor?
i already removed the motor and sensor. i just dont want the FI light and limp mode

·
Registered
16 Posts

·
Registered
507 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I don't think it puts the bike in the limp mode, I pulled mine out and it runs too damn good to be in a limp mode
i had a FI light when my secondary sensor went out on my street bike, thing ran really rich on the low end cuz the bike automatically puts the butterflies all the way open even at 0% throttle and idel so the ECU compensates and dumps a ton of fuel in. i fixed the FI light and bike ran great again

May i ask why you need to remove the motor and sensor ?
weight

Hit up hellsrazor he sells Servo Eliminator Kits ... very good .. i installed mines 1 , 2 . 3 ... lol .. and cost a lot less then anything else

i dont need the exhaust servo, need the secondary butterfly servo (intake)

why do you need to do this ...anyone ???

Ive had a good idea about these plates but i'd rather someone explained their function and the pros and cons of removing them so im sure..
i removed them because i drag race and i want as much air flow as possible. tho the butterflies do open all the way when your at 100% throttle, you have to wait for your RPM/wheel speed to get up before the ECu starts opening them up and even then, the butterflies never fully open all the way. even if you get the ECU flashed to fix that probllem, you still have a 1/8 butterfly taking up airflow space. may not seem like a lot more air, but if you figure the surface area of the butterfly on end and the rod that goes thru the throttle bodies against the overall linear surface area of the throttle bodies and then think about the air turbulance the rod makes, it ends up being enough to make a difference; and when you're trying to get every hundreths of a second out of your bike little things like that are HUGE

·
Registered
507 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
contact Guhl motors. he can eliminate that FI light for you on the secondary throttle system.

man, i emailed them a few times, called the shop, hit em up on FB, even got don guhls personal cell from one of the guys at the shop....never heard anythign back. too much trouble tryin to give someone my money, ya know?!

·
Registered
542 Posts
So anyone have any luck removing the secondary servo motor and not getting a FI fault?

·
Registered
445 Posts
My servo went bad and I unplugged the motor and sensor but still have a fi light in it runs rich and idles rough. How much does Guhl charge to remove and can someone pm me his contact info. thanks

1 - 17 of 17 Posts