Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
591 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have the tank and air cleaner off and am sitting there looking at the secondary butterflies and can't help myself any longer, so i take my finger and push them open to peek at whats down in there. i thought they were spring loaded and would "snap" back. well they just stayed open so i pushed the other side and put them back closed. did i screw anything up doing this? do they have to be recalibrated if you move them around?

·
Speed Freak
12,730 Posts
nope everythign is fine, they are on a electrical actuator and they reset them selves everytoime the bike starts up anyways.

·
Registered
1,146 Posts
yep and whatever you do if you take the plates off do not take that bar out or youll be staring at a fi light forever.. dont ask..

·
MIA Post Whore
8,727 Posts
deezuhl said:
yep and whatever you do if you take the plates off do not take that bar out or youll be staring at a fi light forever.. dont ask..
not true at all. At least on an 04. The only side effect to removing the bar is you lose your cold start fast idle b/c the linkage rides on the bar.

·
Registered
1,146 Posts
miykl said:
not true at all. At least on an 04. The only side effect to removing the bar is you lose your cold start fast idle b/c the linkage rides on the bar.

well i assumed his was an 06 since its listed as "yellow" and as i said if you remove the bar youll be staring at an fi light.. then if you do have an issue with the bike you wont know cause the fi light will always be on..

1 - 6 of 6 Posts