Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
376 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If I remove the secondary butterflies and get my bike tuned will I lose anything? And by removing them I'm talking about taking the little flaps out and leave the mounting bar?

·
Registered
3,764 Posts
when i removed mine i did notice a loss in the low end but better throttle responce. but i changed out my 2 tall stacks in the middle aswell but after i retuned her i got that loss back.

·
Registered
279 Posts
You can get the short stacks from the stealership. It's only a couple of bucks each (I paid between $5-$8, cannot remember specifically), even here in Canada where there always seems to be a 325% mark-up fee.

You would ask for the following:
Duct, Funnel
SKU: 14073-0044
Quantity: 2

You could probably even find them online at ronayers.com.

·
Registered
70 Posts
my experience with the removal was a bogging effect in first at wide open. had a friend go and get his bike tuned both ways and he said that on the dyno with them out he lost low end power but gain a couple up on top. He and I opted to put them back in both our bikes. Basically, they speed up the airflow in the low end of the rpm band and also act as a form of throttle control, so went you dump the throttle it allows the engine to catch up with the air coming in rather then choke for a second. Most people already have "hand throttle control" we tend to roll into the throttle rather then just smack it wide open when we are just starting off.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts