Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
798 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hypotheticaly can you fail a drug test if you live with some one that somkes weed ? ive seen a couple diffrenet awnsers but wondering what people here think

i.... i mean this person stays away from his weed loving significant other when she smokes (other side of room in appretment) but she smokes almsot every day

does this person :wink: have to be worried for the job interview comnig up and possable drug test

·
Registered
1,893 Posts
We had a drug class with one of the cops a few months ago and according to her it is impossible to fail a drug test from second hand smoke. She said if you test positive for weed it means you have been smoking it. I dont know how accurate she is but she is on the drug task force.

·
Registered
798 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yea thats what ive been reading i think im still gonna ask her to stop for a lil or tell me when and i'll jsut stay at my moms house that ngiht

im jsut a paranoid type a guy

thanks

·
Registered
415 Posts
now think about this. Second hand smoke is no diffrent than actully putting the joint in your mouth and smoking, it all is smoke. That being said putting the actul joint to your mouth will be far more pontent. Basically if you dont smell it I think you are in the clear, but if you are 'hotboxed" I think you will fail.

·
Registered
1,830 Posts
I work in the criminal justice system.

Second hand smoke will not cause you to fail. Even if you are in a car with someone smoking daily. Studies have shown this time and time again.

·
Registered
798 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
found this

of course its on the internet so must take it with a grain of salt

""Second hand marijuana smoke in a car can cause you to fail the next day" (Nightbyrd). It is possible that second hand marijuana smoke will raise someone to the 50 ng/mL level; however, *extreme* exposure is required. For instance, a closed car full of pot smokers and a non-smoker may render the non-smoker positive for both urinalysis and the hair test, provided that they are sealed in the car for a while. The Army did a case study where volunteers were put in a room pumped full of smoke for an hour, five times daily. Subjects started testing positive after the second day. The non-smoker would have to take in virtually as much second hand smoke as a smoker. Non-smokers are safe in a ventilated area, as long as they don't get a hair test. According to Clinton, simply blowing crack smoke on ones hair may cause a positive hair test. Second hand pot smoke doesn't affect the hair test results as much as crack smoke does mainly because exhaled smoke contains no THC. The only pot smoke that contains THC is the smoke that hasn't entered the lungs."

·
Registered
798 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
im also skinny with a fast metabolism which i hear helps too

·
Registered
1,198 Posts
when i was in the air force they told us second hand smoke will not fail you, and in the strange event that you come up positive you got a lie detector test. the lie detector would clear up if you actually smoked or it was just second hand.

·
Registered
11,624 Posts
Yeah drugs. Just like alcohol and tobacco. From what he posted she uses regularly (daily) and may have an addiction problem. I know the common view is that pot is a "recreational drug" and isn't addictive. I've seen, from personal experience, that it is indeed the feared "gateway drug". I've watched friends and co-workers go from a little weekend usage to daily usage to coke or speed. I've seen their mental abilities go downhill rapidly. I've seen their focus in life shift from family to scoring.
My devil was alcohol. Easy to fall into a drunk, be happy, drink more, pay for it in the morning. Didn't stop me from drinking (mostly underage). What did it in for me was waking up with the room flying around me after a New Year's eve party. Would have been very easy to drink my life away, much as my father had done.

·
Registered
2,091 Posts
Puff = Positive results

·
Registered
941 Posts
All you have to worry about is when the cops kick in your door and arrest everyone there on a wararant. I moved out of an apt. because of a roomie who smoked all the time. There was just too many people coming in and out.

·
Registered
109 Posts
I dont know about what others say but my personal experience is that mariguana IS addictive. I had a gf that used it everyday just like your gf and it came a time when she couldnt do anything without it. It came to the point that she wont enjoy a comedy at the movies because she wont laugh from it unless she had smoke pot. She couldnt do the house cleaning or her art things or anything that involved her brains for that matter is she have not smoked.And also she was upset all the time with everything. It even came to be that she abused physically of her child(she had a 9 old daughter) and social services removed the girl some months from the house.She hide from me that she was smoking every day so when the social services appeared at the door because she sent the girl to school all bruised up it was a wake up call for me. If you are worried about the test, there is a natural herbs juice product from the natural health food shops that if taken the same day of the test will clear you even if you had smoked. I cant remember the name of the product but you heath food will know. Later I meet another girl that had used pot and had left it and she described to me all the same symptoms of my ex gf(moodiness , bad attitude,emotional dependence of the drug) ,so to each its owm but if you dont do pot and you are having any of the troubles I already had, I suggest you in good faith to look for another gf.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts