Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
524 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just noticed I had a small leak on my left fork tube. I was just curious if anyone has any experience with Seal Mate made by MotionPro? Also, does anyone use Sealsaver on their fork tubes?

·
Registered
1,524 Posts
I used to keep MP Seal Mates in my bag when I tune suspension at the track. They work pretty well, but they flex a lil too easy. I use/sell the Seal Doctors and love them! The first time I used it I threw all the MP away.

http://www.riskracing.com/pages/Seal_Doctor_Page.html#.VIdlvCejUy4

They are a bit more expensive but they last forever.

Also dont bother with sealsavers for a couple reasons. First and the worst, they trap crap. If you don't clean them regularly they will destroy your forks. Second they greatly increase stiction. And last if you do regular maintenance on your forks like the rest of the bike you dont need seal savers.

·
Chairman of the Board
16,021 Posts
I used to keep MP Seal Mates in my bag when I tune suspension at the track. They work pretty well, but they flex a lil too easy. I use/sell the Seal Doctors and love them! The first time I used it I threw all the MP away.

http://www.riskracing.com/pages/Seal_Doctor_Page.html#.VIdlvCejUy4

They are a bit more expensive but they last forever.

Also dont bother with sealsavers for a couple reasons. First and the worst, they trap crap. If you don't clean them regularly they will destroy your forks. Second they greatly increase stiction. And last if you do regular maintenance on your forks like the rest of the bike you dont need seal savers.
So you use these the same as shown? Just pry the dust seal off and and circle the oil seal a few times?

·
Registered
524 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Update....I have a Seal Doctor on its way but went to my local shop and picked up a MP Seal Mate for $5.00. Followed the instructions and it's been 9 days with absolutely no leaks. Seal Mate is flimsy but worked. The Seal Doctor looks like a better quality product, though more expensive, but seems like a perfect little item to add to my tool box

·
Registered
276 Posts
Use a thin feeler gauge instead. Typically we have them lying around the shop. But as mentioned, this isn't a permanent solution.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts