Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I read somewhere about sealing the airbox for gains...How is this accomplished??? What is needed??? What are the pros and cons of doing the mod??? What do you do about the air filter??? What gains can you expect???
I have a spare airbox and was considering doing this mod this winter.

Thanks
[email protected]

·
Registered
3,311 Posts
I've heard of a guy who sent his aribox away to have it for lack of a better term laminated shut. Dont know what the results were, ask BD he was a member of the fireblades forum.

·
Registered
1,542 Posts
Put a vacuum plug on the air suction, and crankcase breather ports on the airbox. You should put some form of filter on the crankcase breather hose if you do this. My air suction system is already eliminated with block off plates.

·
Registered
672 Posts
SP8 said:
Put a vacuum plug on the air suction, and crankcase breather ports on the airbox. You should put some form of filter on the crankcase breather hose if you do this. My air suction system is already eliminated with block off plates.
Any pics SP8? Where is the air suction u mentioned & what size vacum plug did u use for it? Did u put a filter directly on the crankcase or did u extend it with the hose a bit? (just in case of sum long wheelies
:mrgreen: )

·
Registered
1,542 Posts
STREETFIGHTER50 said:
Any pics SP8? Where is the air suction u mentioned & what size vacum plug did u use for it? Did u put a filter directly on the crankcase or did u extend it with the hose a bit? (just in case of sum long wheelies
:mrgreen: )
I haven't done the crankcase breather yet. I didn't have a vacuum plug for the air suction port. So the dyno operator cut the hose and glued it shut with a bolt, and some black tar looking stuff.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts