Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,413 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I use seafoam about once a month or so just as a 'piece of mind' in my tank. Always heard nothing but good about the stuff. Now i read in a post on here someone said it fouls your plugs....fact or bullshit? :dontknow:

·
Registered
946 Posts
depends....if a fella was to dump a whole bottle in a bike gas tank, then yes....possibly even half the bottle....I typically dump 1/3 a bottle and have never had problems.

·
Registered
1,413 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
depends....if a fella was to dump a whole bottle in a bike gas tank, then yes....possibly even half the bottle....I typically dump 1/3 a bottle and have never had problems.
Naaa...I go as per the directions and use 1oz per gallon on a fill up.

·
Gen2 Ripper
4,867 Posts
Well if you have a lot of crap in tank and injectors then at yes it could foul plugs. All that dirt will stick to plugs.
I like to run my bike really hard and/or do nothing but highway speeds when I use fuel system cleaner.

·
Registered
471 Posts
used properly it will decrease any chances of fouled plugs. I've used it to keep the plugs from fouling in an old civic I had. cheap old beater that I really didnt want to have to work on, even tho it wouldve taken about 20mins to change them. drove it 70,000 miles on a couple oil changes and never had a bit of trouble. gave it away with 210,000 on it, and have no idea when or if the plugs had ever been changed. when you work on cars for a living (at the time) the last thing you wanna do is work on your own.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts