Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Я - Ребен&#108
3,574 Posts
id have to see it in person....love them on the R1s...its like everyone has it on them (racing wise).... id rather have a Kaw Race Tank...

·
Formerly CLCRACINGAaron
445 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I don’t own one or have ever seen these in action personally, however if all the R1’s in MotoAmerica use them with just the 3M stickies that come with it, then I’m inclined to believe it’s gonna be solid.

·
Registered
27 Posts
post pics when you get it on,is this kinda what you bought?
I bought the se composites one at fast frank website together with some other goodies still have to receive email that my order is shipped and I live in europe so could take a couple of weeks to get to me with custom clearance.
Also my bike is in bits now so will not have a pic on a complete motorcycle anytime soon
All my fairings are smashed building a trackbike for next year:smile2:

·
Registered
2018 ZX10R SE
514 Posts
bummer bout the smashed fairings but congrats on the purchase. I got most of my carbon from bestem carbon. Took 3 days tops to receive but I'm in the US. My Sampco hoses on the other hand came from the UK so I had to wait 6 weeks for those

·
Formerly CLCRACINGAaron
445 Posts
Discussion Starter #13

·
Formerly CLCRACINGAaron
445 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Still holding strong after a year. Got bumped to Advance group and have since found more speed.

The only thing I don't like about it: with my current seat height (and current gut size) I have a harder time getting to a full tuck because the very top-rear of the shroud is in the way. However this is mostly due to my size I think. When entering higher corner speed curves, the security of the extra real estate is great! Braking from high speed is also better since I can grab the tank/shroud with my outer leg much more easily.

·
Registered
27 Posts
bummer bout the smashed fairings but congrats on the purchase. I got most of my carbon from bestem carbon. Took 3 days tops to receive but I'm in the US. My Sampco hoses on the other hand came from the UK so I had to wait 6 weeks for those
I will not go crazy on the carbon I think just this tankcover a cf front fender and some carbon frame and swingarm guards and than order a set of trackfairings not dediced what colours I am going for yet.
Maybe I start a rebuild topic on here

Heres a pic of my old trackbike I just sold for some funds to rebuild the zx10

Attachments

·
Registered
2018 ZX10R SE
514 Posts
I like the carbon frame covers but the swing arm covers idk, they never look right or cover the entire swing arm and almost seem pointless since if you dump the bike the chance that the carbon will protect the swingarm is little to none. It's kinda the same with the frame protection cover deals but at least they cover up the little imperfections in the frame cast like the tiny Pitts and such plus help prevent the coating from being worn down from daily riding etc. still to each thier own. I replaced my body work to keep it saved and stored safely away. OEM plastic can be expensive and especially on the SE

·
Registered
27 Posts
I agreed what you are saying it will be my first time I put frame covers and swingarm covers on a bike but my frame is scratched from crash thats the reason and swingarm is just to protect the paint from the gravel if I go down and wear from my boot+ it looks nice IMO together with the frame covers:biggrin:

1 - 20 of 38 Posts