Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
828 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Why can't someone design scews that won't point straight up when you run over them? I think you woulsd make millions if the tire companies just bought out your patent to keep their business strong. I go out to ride to the store and the bike is hard to roll.WTF! I look and their is a sheet rock screww in it all the way in. Looks undamaged so I know that I ran over it somewhere near my house when I came home. I also know that it had to come from the currently remodeling homes across the street. How else would I get it so close to home? That sucks! Any way I just put a plug in it so that I can use it to commute to work next week after 25 days off. I know everyone says don't do it but I have done it before and it lasts the life of the tire. Well here's to a great 4th of July and I hope everyone else has better luck than me!:thumbsup:

·
Registered
443 Posts
yeah, alot of people say not to patch motorcycle tires either but i worked a tire shop for two years and patched motorcycle tires and had no problems with them....

·
Bloo Moderator
23,742 Posts
Superbike1 said:
Why can't someone design scews that won't point straight up when you run over them? I think you woulsd make millions if the tire companies just bought out your patent to keep their business strong. I go out to ride to the store and the bike is hard to roll.WTF! I look and their is a sheet rock screww in it all the way in. Looks undamaged so I know that I ran over it somewhere near my house when I came home. I also know that it had to come from the currently remodeling homes across the street. How else would I get it so close to home? That sucks! Any way I just put a plug in it so that I can use it to commute to work next week after 25 days off. I know everyone says don't do it but I have done it before and it lasts the life of the tire. Well here's to a great 4th of July and I hope everyone else has better luck than me!:thumbsup:
That sucks man....sometimes you just have to say SCREW IT!!!! and move on..................:lol:..,...j/m ...have a good 4th..:eek:ccasion1

·
Registered
34,537 Posts
Jamie26 said:
yeah, alot of people say not to patch motorcycle tires either but i worked a tire shop for two years and patched motorcycle tires and had no problems with them....
it only takes once

BD

·
talker of shite
7,285 Posts
I feel for ya man:sad: I got a nail in a few weeks ago & I had 1000 miles left on the tire:headshake I did'nt know & I'd just been 150:rockwoot: found out 2 corners later when the bike started shaking the bars & it almost tipped over on a roundabout!

·
Registered
843 Posts
umm...no joking here...just put on a brand new set of tires 2 years ago on my Buell, rode it home...garaged it.....yup...you guessed right...both front and back tires had nails in them....Maybe someone hated that damn bike sooo much that they snuck in in the middle of the night and banged them in?? Or...d'ya think I was right behind a truck that was carrying a load of nails to the nail salesman at Home Depot?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts