Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,938 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I dont have pics of mine but I have quite a few mostly from the rear stand scratching the swing arm when I put it on. "mainly due to being in a hurry". anyway's I was using the search button and the only thing I could find was Rust-oleum Flat protective enamel. The dude that posted it is now banned from the site so I was wondering if anyone has used this stuff lately and how it turned out? If not what have you used?

·
Dont mess wit White Ninja
5,932 Posts
I just clean as needed and when to many scratches start to ac cure off comes the swing arm and off it goes to powder coating for a hole 50-75 bucks LOL. Some type of an aluminum based scratch/filler may work!!

·
Registered
1,346 Posts
Black wide Sharpie..

Thats also a never ending problem I have.
The spools on my 06 and these LP spools dont extend wide enough.
So I clean the area where the scratches are and take a wide black sharpie to it,works well let dry apply a second coat if necessary.

·
The Movie Goer!
6,853 Posts
You have to take your time when putting your bike on and off the stands whether it be front or rear. Alot can go wrong. I never scratch mine. The only time I scratched my swingarm is when I had a flat tire and I tried to put the bike on the rear stand. For some reason I couldn't get the bike on the rear stand with the rear tire being flat? :dontknow: It's already kinda hard with the tire being inflated, but with it flat aaww man forget about it! It was like I needed super human strength to get it on there. So yea after all that straining the rear stand unhooked itself from the spools an guaged the swingarm as I was pressing down hard to get the bike up. I was pissed!!!! And then another time I had my bike sitting on the stand and my dad bumped the stand by accident not payin attention and knocked the left side off the spool. So when I go look at it I'm like damn somethin looks weird? Why is the bike leanin slightly to the left while it's on the stand? I look down an see the hook that supposed to be hooked on the spool just resting into the side of the swingarm! I was pissed!!! B/c who know's how long it was sitting like that? But yea both times I took the bike to this guy who has his own paint shop and he hooked it up and made it look like nothin ever happened! Matched the paint up beautifully!:thumbsup:

·
Registered
6,074 Posts
1. Adjust your stand for a wider stance.

2. take some industrial grip Velcro Loop material and cut/place it on each side of the swingarm next to the spools....then you don't have to keep fawking with the damn paint pen...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts