Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
542 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys know i have been gone for some time but i just got a new job and i install high speed internet now and i never have time to get on anymore.Anyway went to the track and ran last sat,I kept making passes only getting 10.0's most the time,After getting frustrated one of the guys suggested that i lower the pressure in the rear tire:headshake dunno why i didn't think of it but i did and landed a [email protected] mph with a 1.66 60 foot i didn't get a chance to run again cuz of the rain but i am definately going back when i get the extra time and money.I'll get a pic of the slip up soon too for those who wanna see :wink:

·
Registered
5,228 Posts
What tire pressure were you running when you pulled the 9.87?

·
Registered
542 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
was running 28psi when i pulled the 9 sec pass and 40 when i was pulling the 10 flats traps where around 141 with 40psi and 143 when i lowered the pressure.

·
Registered
777 Posts
What was your 1/8th mile et and mph thru the 1/8th?I am curious what I need to be turning thru the 1/8th to get in the 9's in the 1/4.I might run my bike thru the 1/8th tomorrow.Give me something to shoot for.

·
Registered
5,228 Posts
Was the tire spinning off the line when it was at 40? I run mine at 34 and the front at 50.

·
Registered
5,228 Posts
Big Daddy said:
Nicely done Scotty............1killer1liter pickin up some pointers huh?

BD
I'm always trying new things to improve. Anything anybody has info on I will listen, and try it at the track. Anything to keep ahead of that nitrous g1k. BTW, I beat the nitrous g1k at the track. On the street he has me, but on the track I clean up.

·
Banned
856 Posts
1killer1liter said:
I'm always trying new things to improve. Anything anybody has info on I will listen, and try it at the track. Anything to keep ahead of that nitrous g1k. BTW, I beat the nitrous g1k at the track. On the street he has me, but on the track I clean up.
if you got traction problems keep letting air out till it gets better. the minium ill use is about 12 on a gp tire.
on the other hand if its hooking good add air up to 20 lbs.it'll help on the top end, i wouldnt go to much higher than that though.
the front is perfect at 50 lbs unless you wanna add another 5 llbs.

chain tension is another way to gain a lil better run for free. make shure its a lil on the loose side of a safe adjustment. also double check that its perfectly 100% straight.

·
Registered
5,228 Posts
I don't have traction problems if I do a dry burnout. If I do a wet burnout then I won't hook. I also loosen the axle nut to where it's just finger tight and give it one turn with a wrench.

·
Registered
176 Posts
sabersaw30 said:
What was your 1/8th mile et and mph thru the 1/8th?I am curious what I need to be turning thru the 1/8th to get in the 9's in the 1/4.I might run my bike thru the 1/8th tomorrow.Give me something to shoot for.

On a 9.58 @ 147 mph, the 1/8 time was 6.24.

J

·
Registered
5,228 Posts
Let us know how you do.

·
Registered
542 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
sorry guys been super busy but i o have the slip and when i get time i'll post it and my 1/8th.Yes the bike did spin alot with 40psi in the tire,does ti on the street all the time which is neat but gets annoying quickly.Ubly dragway is where i ran and usually run but i am game to make a trip to run with other guys.

·
Registered
652 Posts
1killer1liter said:
Let us know how you do.
I wished i could say i kicked ass but i didnt. I did rather badly. I ran 10.10's and 20's.... i was faster than a guy on his busa. Theres a slammed and stretched 10R there. He runs for a sponsor. He ran 9.20's all night. He hammers it out the hole and really moves. My bike didnt seem to pull that hard tonight. And i had terrible 60 fts. 1.80's and 90's... :dontknow: sad but true...

1 - 20 of 30 Posts