Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Bloo Moderator
23,742 Posts
jstwkd1 said:
So just out of the box ix good??????????

for me I just did not want a violent shake when hitting hard out of no where on the steet(from very low RPMs to full RPMs in a second), and at the drag strip it's rock solid at full. If you bought it for those same reasons just leave the stock settings alone and the Scotts will take care of you. :wink:

·
Registered
1,595 Posts
It's 'damper', not 'dampner'. Sorry - my anal retentiveness is in ascending mode.

·
Yankee Racer
14,838 Posts
lavudyar said:
It's 'damper', not 'dampner'. Sorry - my anal retentiveness is in ascending mode.
yeah and yah didn't even answer the question.:rolleyes: Anyhow for the street just leave it how it is and adjust the left knob as needed. Turn it a little stiffer if you are doing high speed runs or twisties and lower if you are just cruising around town. That's why i like the adjustability on the fly with the scotts.:mrgreen:

·
MIA Post Whore
8,727 Posts
out of the box works great. But you may want to tweak it some. I've turned down (counter clock wise) the low speed adjustment, and increased the high speed. I also narrowed the sweep to 45 degrees. This set up makes it hard to tell there is even a damper on the bike under normal riding conditions, but when the beast gets pissed you only feel the slightlest wiggle. I like the feedback... When doing a top speed run I'll increase the low speed a 1/8 - 1/4 turn to really stabilize the front end. Just remember the low speed adjustment affects the high speed adjustment too. The instructions that come with it explain it pretty well.

·
Registered
2,419 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for the advice guys.

dampnerdampnerdampnerdampnerdampnerdampnerdampnerdampnerdampnerdampnerdampnerdampnerdampnerdampnerdampnerdampnerdampnerdampnerdampnerdampnerdampnerdampnerdampnerdampnerdampnerdampnerdampnerdampnerdampnerdampnerdampnerdampnerdampnerdampnerdampnerdampnerdampnerdampnerdampnerdampnerdampnerdampnerdampnerdampnerdampnerdampnerdampnerdampnerdampnerdampnerdampnerdampnerdampnerdampnerdampnerdampnerdampnerdampnerdampnerdampnerdampner....LOL
Oh Damper!..
I geuss you didnt understand my question????????

·
Registered
1,595 Posts
I understood fine, I just don't have an answer as I've never had a Scotts. As I said, the anal retentive side of me took over the keyboard - sorry! Nuthin' but luv for ya!

·
Registered
2,419 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
lavudyar said:
I understood fine, I just don't have an answer as I've never had a Scotts. As I said, the anal retentive side of me took over the keyboard - sorry! Nuthin' but luv for ya!
No worries..Just given ya shit!.....lol

1 - 9 of 9 Posts