Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
779 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Long story short:

Customer brings in 1997 BMW 528i. Multiple repairs are recommended for the car that will cost an arm and a leg. Customer doesn't want to fix it, so trades it in for $600.

I tell the wholesale manager that I want it (he would otherwise wholesale it as-is) and after taxes, fees, ect... I drive it home for $1137.

Score!:mrgreen:

·
Registered
1,938 Posts
Labor is where its at, you got a great deal considering you will be doing the labor........ Correct?

·
Registered
540 Posts
Labor is where its at, you got a great deal considering you will be doing the labor........ Correct?
Yeah but lets say it's something like the transmission. Transmissions aren't cheap, let alone BMW transmissions. That's something a lot of people can't do on their own anyway. Hopefully it's just little stuff he can do on his own.

·
Registered
1,938 Posts
So whats the deal RB45? Whats wrong with it?

·
Registered
987 Posts
great deal !

·
Registered
1,730 Posts
no way. that is an amazing deal.

·
^^No Bike Bum^^
2,138 Posts
Pics?????

Post up a few pics!!!

·
MIdlife PIMP
3,459 Posts
pics man!!......PICS!....LOL

·
Registered
410 Posts
pics or it didn't happen.

I doubt it would have tranny trouble for a wreck....but I get your point.

However, from the stuff I've fixed up after being wrecked, I don't remember the big stuff being the main issue. It was this little plastic clip here that I was missing, these screws, that bent bracket that couldn't be fixed.....the list goes on and on and on. Pretty soon, you've put $4k into nuts and bolts!!!

·
Guilty by association
8,751 Posts
sounds like a great deal, im sure you can get all the required parts and tools to get it right

·
Registered
2,342 Posts
Well Ryan is a BMW tech so I guess whatever the repair is he seen it as something fixed fairly easy and cheap. The car isn't in that bad of shape because he did put down that he drove it home.

·
Registered
410 Posts
Well Ryan is a BMW tech so I guess whatever the repair is he seen it as something fixed fairly easy and cheap. The car isn't in that bad of shape because he did put down that he drove it home.
True...a BMW 528i that can be driven home for around $1k is a bargain, even if it's fairly trashed.

Sounds like a steal.

·
Registered
779 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Ok, the car came in with a coolant leak and over heating. I found the thermostat housing cracked. So upon removal of the thermostat housing, I found the cylinder head pitted and deteriorated which was not allowing the tstat to seal against it. So step one, they need a new cylinder head. And I also recommended some other repairs such as valve cover gasket, belts, front control arm bushings, brakes catalytic convertors (faults stored for low cat efficiency) ect... Thats a pretty huge repair bill right there, so the traded it in.

·
Guilty by association
8,751 Posts
i will buy it from you when you fix it for 3K$$$$ come on man, now that is a deal hahaha j/k, you should be stoked man-you just got HOOKED UP!

1 - 20 of 23 Posts