Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,378 Posts
Was finnaly confirmed yesterday, he will be racing for Ross Brawn again under the works Mercedes Team. Gonna be wierd seeing him out there not in Ferrari.
http://www.formula1.com/news/

Yeah that will be weird...i guess he wants to do something else...he was pretty dominant when he was with Ferrari

·
Guilty by association
8,751 Posts
that is crazy, especially considering he is still a part time team adviser (officially or not). i hope he does great, but its gonna be too weird seeing him not in a ferrari

·
Guilty by association
8,751 Posts
it just seems weird.

·
Registered
2,614 Posts
Oh boy Braun an Schumy, just like the old Ford Benneton days.

·
Registered
3,318 Posts
I think he should have just stayed retired. If he comes back and does great then all well and good, but if he comes back and is a flop, thats all he'll be remembered for.
I can't see it happening as he is to F1 what Rossi is to MotoGP. He is going into a strong car and he is not THAT old yet.

·
Registered
890 Posts
Guys I know MotoGP down to the last detail , but im clueless about F1 ? Is 40 over the hill? Do layoffs at tha age ruin a driver ( meaning you can never get your original form back .) Lastly , was Schumacher a phenominon like Freddie Spencer . Or was the Ferrarri that much better than the compitition . Thanks Jake

·
Registered
890 Posts
Guys I know MotoGP down to the last detail but am clueless in F1. Is 40 over the hill? Does a layoff at that age ruin a driver for getting back to his original form . lastly Was Schumacher a phenominon like freddie Spencer , or was the Ferrarri just that much better than the compitition ? Thanks Jake

·
La Flama Blanca
7,720 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Schummy is without a doubt one of the most talented drivers in history, and for the majority of his run Ferrari has had one of the fastest cars, I say that because up until about two or three years ago, two teams have dominated every season, since he retired and rules have been changed there is much more parity. But when he was in his prime he fought hard with usually Mclaren Mercedes for the titles. But he was one of the, if not best ever. His fitness was always a notch above everybody else too, so I am real excited to see what 4 years off and a new team does for him. Should be a very exciting season.

·
Registered
844 Posts
i can't believe he will not be with FERRARI being how he still test with them.during the season it was understood that he would race with them.he could put them back on top.-turncoat !i hate that BMW pulled out.

·
Registered
370 Posts
Schummy is without a doubt one of the most talented drivers in history, and for the majority of his run Ferrari has had one of the fastest cars, I say that because up until about two or three years ago, two teams have dominated every season, since he retired and rules have been changed there is much more parity. But when he was in his prime he fought hard with usually Mclaren Mercedes for the titles. But he was one of the, if not best ever. His fitness was always a notch above everybody else too, so I am real excited to see what 4 years off and a new team does for him. Should be a very exciting season.
He is one of the best but when one looks to the F1 record books and sees his stunning acheivements,breaking record after record there should be an asterics beside his name which reads "When the chips are down will/has resorted to cheating". :headshake

·
Registered
1,570 Posts
Big deal. I liked him better when he was racing bikes.

·
Registered
890 Posts
I know NOTHING about F1. But Schumacher was always my favorite driver not because of his talent or titles . it was because he has always been a motorcycle racing nut like we are lol. I read his first love was motorcycle racing . But he jut wasnt that good at it .( I know the feeling lol) Schumacher is like 180-200lbs also which is the death of any motorcycle racing asperations .

·
Chairman of the Board
16,022 Posts
Ive been looking foreward to this. It will be really interesting to see how the Brawn team does with him at the helm, factoring in the rule changes for 2010. I have a feeling Ferrari and McClaren will be more of a factor than 2009. Should make for some great racing, Im excited.

·
Guilty by association
8,751 Posts
no fuel stops are gonna make the racing a lot more fun i think,

1 - 18 of 18 Posts