Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok i have an akra slip-on on my 05 10r but ive been looking for something a little more aggresive sounding and im a big fan of the moto gp style exhaust. SOOO what ive gathered so far is that a) there pretty deep and aggresive and b) they are more like a 3/4 system that removes the cat and bolts to the factory header. School me fellas

·
Registered
3,152 Posts
For the 04-05 the cat is in the stock can, you got rid of it when you swapped out the can...The Growler will slip on right where your Akra slips on at. Right by the exhaust valve. Yes they are loud. Yes they are very expensive for a slip on.

·
Registered
21 Posts
I've had mine for a couple years now and absolutely love it. it comes setup to mount with stock rearsets though, so if you have aftermarket some modding is required, otherwise it's a 5 min install for one of the sweetest sounding pipes ever!

·
Custom Powder Coater
6,560 Posts
Its a slip on that cost too much in my opinion the LOR is a nice setup and a few hundred less than Racefit and if you want a full check out Brocks for a couple hundred more than racefit but also requires PCIII..

·
Registered
279 Posts
I had a Mega on my 07 GSX-R750 high quality materials and build.

Most say too expensive for a slip-on but those are usually the people who have never owned one, owners know they sound like no other exhaust!

On the very loud end of the spectrum, but not for the rider just everyone else around I found.

I had mine powder coated black.

·
SPLAT!!!
2,340 Posts
Its one helluva exhaust. Funny how most say its too expensive, but you already have a ti header with no crap in it, so you can spend $1k MORE and get a full arrow or spend 700 and get a high quality bad ass ti midpipe and ti/carbon can that sounds so so nice and not around every corner. Worth every penny, every racefit owner knows that.

And the LOR, its fukn hideous you might as well save even MORE money and get the mgp growler w/ link. You get what you pay for IMHO and LOR has nothin on racefit's pipe quality and looks. Just my opinion, i know i'm biased though :wink:

·
Registered
4,818 Posts
It's funny to read how the LOR is hideous when it is nearly identical looking to the Racefit.

:mrgreen:

·
Retired post whore
8,463 Posts
I wouldn't say they are identical. Close, but not identical. Racefit is a bit pricy but worth it my eyes. All Racefit owners will tell you the same.

user8737_pic168_1225499843.jpg

·
Registered
4,818 Posts
yes sir Alien...hence the NEARLY part. :mrgreen:

·
Registered
4,818 Posts
I was referring to looks only. Racefit's materials and craftsmanship are much better. :wink:
Yeah I hear ya. Has anyone ever had the two cans side by side? I would be very curious...

·
SPLAT!!!
2,340 Posts
not nearly at all in my eyes, lor is a cheap and dull looking, the racefit looks so top class and clean and shows it on every bike that has it. Again, just my .02 :wink:

·
Registered
4,818 Posts
Well, if they were put side by side I think their would be many more similarities than differences. C'mon anyone have a good LOR pic to compare to Aliens pic?

·
Custom Powder Coater
6,560 Posts
I do beileive that Racefits quality is better, based on pics of the Lore System. I seen Aliens in person it is nice, i just dont like there price for 3' of pipe and some CF... I payed less than $900 for my Full Brocks System and only $7?? for the Full Muzzy I had..

1 - 15 of 15 Posts