Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
(I have a graves slip on) I'm NOT looking for recommendations on a ecu flasher, I know there is archer and guhls and SIK and ect ect.... I'm looking for someone who has ACTUALLY used SCHNITZ RACING as a reflash and whay their results were and customer experience was? Thank you

·
Registered
1,284 Posts
I installed a Schnitz racing ecu on a Gen 5 and it wouldn't stay running. Had to send it back again before they got it right.

I recommend finding a dyno tuner in your area and getting a tune for YOUR bike, not a one size fits all tune

·
Registered
2,308 Posts
Not the direct answer to your question but a custom tune is better as already stated, but i use Schintz and rate there customer experience as you put, iv never had a problem buying off them, but i don't know what there flashes are like.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I'm having issues finding someone to just dyno tune it... they all wanna do pc5 and I don't, I just want a flash

I installed a Schnitz racing ecu on a Gen 5 and it wouldn't stay running. Had to send it back again before they got it right.

I recommend finding a dyno tuner in your area and getting a tune for YOUR bike, not a one size fits all tune

·
Registered
663 Posts
I've bought a lot of things from Schnitz over the years and always been a satisfied customer. A buddy had his gen 4 flashed through them and everything was fine and he liked the flash as well. When we swapped ecu's so I could see what they did and flash in his quick shifter their flash is pretty basic, I don't remember them doing anything to the fueling, just put the timing back up to where it should've been stock and remove some of the other things that should've come that way from the factory.

I'm with all the guys above and say even if you got the flash, I'd still get it custom tuned one way if you want to make sure everything is safe and picking up the most horse powaaa

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
They're now also telling me that their flash will only add 4hp... that's by far the lowest I've ever heard of... I'm thinking of not going through them and using archer, but ive also heard he doesn't do it anymore... who can confirm that?

·
Registered
1,284 Posts
They're now also telling me that their flash will only add 4hp... that's by far the lowest I've ever heard of... I'm thinking of not going through them and using archer, but ive also heard he doesn't do it anymore... who can confirm that?
PM sent

·
Registered
663 Posts
I'm almost positive archer doesn't do flashing anymore as he is the distributor now for Woolich in the US. I gotta say though I love my flash by SIK (aka Cody). His 93 map was a pretty solid difference compared to the basic flash I had before.

·
Registered
339 Posts
also had a problem with schnitz reflash on gen 2 ecu, main intent of flash was to raise rev limit 1000 rpm, did not take, back on dyno stk 12500 limit still effective. sik reflash fixed, picked up 5 hp dyno verified. he and a few others also offer fueling changes at additional cost that are cost effective and offer more power/response over std deristriction/ign table reflash.

·
Registered
2,073 Posts
Good to hear Cody still does flashes. Been wondering what he's been up to.

·
Registered
2,737 Posts
that's weird, a gen4 will pick up 30hp at redline and 15 at peak. Call Nels at 2 Wheel DynoWorks 425-269-5332, he created flashes for your bike using the woolich software

1 - 11 of 11 Posts