Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
3,837 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys im sure alot of you know i just picked up this 05 zx-10r about a month ago and the FI light was on when i bought it, picked up a service manual and scan the bike & from the service codes its showin the Exhaust valve sensor malfunction, wireing open or short bad... can anybody explain to me wat that means and how i go about fixin the problem...

·
All show and all go 10r
5,921 Posts
judging from your mods I'm assuming you've got a full system. Did you remove the exhaust servo motor? if so that's your problem, either plug in back in or get the ivan servo eliminator. They also might be a DIY one someone here but I'm not sure.

·
Registered
3,837 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
judging from your mods I'm assuming you've got a full system. Did you remove the exhaust servo motor? if so that's your problem, either plug in back in or get the ivan servo eliminator. They also might be a DIY one someone here but I'm not sure.
only thing i did was disconnect the exhaust servo cables down by the mid pipe, the exhaust valve under the rear seat is still pluged up...

·
Bloo Moderator
23,742 Posts
only thing i did was disconnect the exhaust servo cables down by the mid pipe, the exhaust valve under the rear seat is still pluged up...
maybe the cables are binding causing an error...you need to remove the cables completely..it's a servo motor trying to adjust :wink::idea:

bloo

·
welds like he has palsy
1,761 Posts
I think in order to not get the error code, the cables have to be attached at both ends.

·
Bloo Moderator
23,742 Posts
I think in order to not get the error code, the cables have to be attached at both ends.
which is why I said maybe the un-connected end may be "BINDING" causing an error up front to the BOX...otherwise I agree....you need to know how servos work and from my Air Force days dealing with servos in Radio applications I can see this would cause a problem. :wink: ...remove at both ends not just one and report back.

bloo

·
Registered
3,837 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
maybe the cables are binding causing an error...you need to remove the cables completely..it's a servo motor trying to adjust :wink::idea:

bloo
i do have the cables tied up by the rear brake resivor so that could be the problem...

oh i didnt know that... i figured the plugs leadin into the box had to be unplug for it to throw a FI code...

which is why I said maybe the un-connected end may be "BINDING" causing an error up front to the BOX...otherwise I agree....you need to know how servos work and from my Air Force days dealing with servos in Radio applications I can see this would cause a problem. :wink: ...remove at both ends not just one and report back.

bloo
oh ok even when i had both cables hooked up with the stock can the FI light was still showin & with the exhaust cables both pluged up the exhaust valve stays open & doesnt close will that cause the FI light to show & throw up a code...

·
Bloo Moderator
23,742 Posts
i do have the cables tied up by the rear brake resivor so that could be the problem...

oh i didnt know that... i figured the plugs leadin into the box had to be unplug for it to throw a FI code...

oh ok even when i had both cables hooked up with the stock can the FI light was still showin & with the exhaust cables both pluged up the exhaust valve stays open & doesnt close will that cause the FI light to show & throw up a code...

wish you mentioned that first...always give details when wanting help or info. but yeah I am sure it did cause a F1.

bloo

·
Registered
3,837 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
starting to sound like a faulty servo motor, that or the connector is dirty or damaged.
yea thats wat i was thinking... plugs on the exhaust servo looks good & doesnt look dirty... how hard is it to change the exhaust servo out ? & with the new servo motor should i reconnect the cables or will i be fine with them unplug...

[/COLOR]

wish you mentioned that first...always give details when wanting help or info. but yeah I am sure it did cause a F1.

bloo
yea i appologize to you guys, bike only has 4k miles runs & starts up great just the FI light showin... are the exhaust servo's on the 1st gen bad about goin out ?

·
can we ride yet!?!?!?
3,522 Posts
hey guys im sure alot of you know i just picked up this 05 zx-10r about a month ago and the FI light was on when i bought it, picked up a service manual and scan the bike & from the service codes its showin the Exhaust valve sensor malfunction, wireing open or short bad... can anybody explain to me wat that means and how i go about fixin the problem...
check the servo motor. you can unhook the cables and not trip the fi light. but if you unhook the motor then you will get the light.

leave the motor in place and let it do it's thing. unhook the cables from the motor and your gold

·
Registered
3,837 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
check the servo motor. you can unhook the cables and not trip the fi light. but if you unhook the motor then you will get the light.

leave the motor in place and let it do it's thing. unhook the cables from the motor and your gold
yea im wantin to leave the cables unhook but i will check & see if the motor is turnin & report back to you guys...

·
Registered
145 Posts
yea im wantin to leave the cables unhook but i will check & see if the motor is turnin & report back to you guys...
Why would you want to leave the cables on the bike? If you dont feel good about doing it yourself, have someone else do it. Otherwise you're just asking for future issues.

·
Registered
3,837 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Why would you want to leave the cables on the bike? If you dont feel good about doing it yourself, have someone else do it. Otherwise you're just asking for future issues.
really know reason i just unhooked the end down by the mid pipe but im sure i can fix the issue since im mechanical incline...

·
welds like he has palsy
1,761 Posts
Those cables are used to regulate a butterfly valve on your exhaust down by the headers. I think for back pressure and or emissions regulations. A lot of people have taken the cables out and taken the servo motor out. Or they have taken the servo and cables out and installed a servo eliminator. Me personally, if I'm not running a stock exhaust and it comes with a servo and cables, I want those pieces installed and in working order, just like the factory intended, especially if it's for back pressure. If anyone else knows better, please chime in. Just my 2 cents.

·
Registered
1,030 Posts
Whats a servo motor worth here or on Ebay? Ivan's eliminator is $110 or so...luv mine. Got my PC3 in the servo's place.

·
Registered
3,837 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
im sure its the exhaust servo now because with the bike runnin it doesnt even move... guess im off to ebay to pick me up one...

·
Registered
441 Posts
Mine was a little sticky and it threw the FI light once so I just smacked it and all was good.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts