1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
553 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
1,945 Posts
well he seems ligit but isn't $150 to ship a little high?? I know where schererville is but it's about an hour or so from me.

·
OMG Look at that squid!!
2,595 Posts
It looks legitimate to me... I was actually watching that auction myself...

·
Registered
1,945 Posts
zx-7rking said:
Sumthing smells funny..

like what???
He's selling things that are all similar.. he's had nothing but positive feedback,
I think he's high on shipping but I guess you really have to look at the overall price to take that into consideration. He also takes Paypal which is a pretty safe service for both the buyer and the seller. seems ligit to me.. :dontknow:

·
Registered
1,172 Posts
Well I look at it like he's selling things that cant be traced to a stolen bike. And The GSX'r 750..just kind of drives that home for me, why would one sell a bike that he has no title too. One couldnt even register the bike, it could only be used as a track bike. which is cool so long as you want to take a chance at buying stolen stuff. Maybe it's just me...seen a lot of scams on e-bay, so I really dont trust much of anything on that site anymore LOL. As far as pay-pal..dont be fooled..People get ripped off with Paypal all the time ...there even a website for them... LOL
http://www.paypalsucks.com/

·
Registered
1,945 Posts
I've been had twice with paypal and got my money back both times.. :dontknow: as for the parts being hot..I don't know I'd guess it's more like he has a connection to wrecked bikes.. that would explain the lack of title on the gixxer and the various misc. parts.. if he was parting out entire bikes then I may be inclined to think they are stolen..however one of my best friends parts out busas all the time and he's as ligit as they come. you can't always judge a book by his cover.. soemone thats stealing all of these parts probaly is going to have some neg. feedback or poor shipping somewhere along the way.. I don't know I guess.. I wouldn't shy away from his parts personally.

·
Registered
1,945 Posts
zx-7rking said:
Well I look at it like he's selling things that cant be traced to a stolen bike. And The GSX'r 750..just kind of drives that home for me, why would one sell a bike that he has no title too. One couldnt even register the bike, it could only be used as a track bike. which is cool so long as you want to take a chance at buying stolen stuff. Maybe it's just me...seen a lot of scams on e-bay, so I really dont trust much of anything on that site anymore LOL. As far as pay-pal..dont be fooled..People get ripped off with Paypal all the time ...there even a website for them... LOL
http://www.paypalsucks.com/

well he said he has the vin number on the bike get it from him and see if it's been reported stolen.. I'd guess it hasn't been.

·
Registered
2,043 Posts
well let me say this........

i dropped my bike about 2 weeks ago and been lookin relentlessly on ebay for a set of 05 green plastics. ive contacted this guy once, seems legit but i didnt bid last time it was up. this is the 2nd or 3rd time ive seen it up....the auction never ended but just dissapeared..although i think he uses the same username.

this guy

this guy too.... i can tell by his same photos and thumb size dent in the tank..... but i believe this guy uses a different name everytime......

·
Registered
1,172 Posts
Nah no need to. I wouldnt buy it without the title. Because without that...You are NOT the owner of it.....period. For all we know there could still be a Loan on the bike. Which brings me back to my question. Why sell a bike you dont have the title too? As far as him not selling all the parts at once. I'd say that just keeps him under the radar. :mrgreen:

busaforhire said:
well he said he has the vin number on the bike get it from him and see if it's been reported stolen.. I'd guess it hasn't been.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts