Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,721 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just watched a news report about recently rising gas prices. Industry spokesman said that due to the corn shortage because of the drought, ethanol prices spiked, causing gas prices to spike. Hell, just don't add the shit to the gas! Am I missing something? Never a shortage of excuses!:headshake

·
Registered
1,721 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
As far as I know all grades of gas except the premium stuff have 10-15% ethenol. That's shit is the fuel of the devil.
Yeah....all my bike manuals say 10% ethanol max. What the hell do we do when stations switch to E85 (15% ethanol)???? Anybody heard how that's gonna work? I got a letter from AMA saying in the future, 10% willl be available and the proposed legislation calls for a 4 gallon max purchase. Uhhhh, we live uhhhh, WHERE????

·
BigCat for Prez!
7,229 Posts
http://pure-gas.org/

This website will tell u all the gas stations around u that are ethanol free and which grades they are

·
Registered
6,028 Posts
yall are lucky on that. look at the map at Southern California around Los Angeles

·
Boomer Sooner!
2,337 Posts
I never put gas with ethanol in my bike. There are plenty of stations around me that are 100% Gas. I decided that i was going to do that after taking my 250 gas tank off and looking in it, and it was all rusted because of the ethanol in the gas.

·
Registered
434 Posts
yall are lucky on that. look at the map at Southern California around Los Angeles
There aren't any around here (Los Angeles). There are only 5 in the whole state listed. :headshake:headshake. And as far as gas prices are concerned I gave up listening to their BULL$HIT excuses and realized that they are greedy bastards and need to be shot in the face. The last one they said a few weeks ago was the price was going up because of the refinery fire.

·
Registered
6,028 Posts
There aren't any around here (Los Angeles). There are only 5 in the whole state listed. :headshake:headshake. And as far as gas prices are concerned I gave up listening to their BULL excuses and realized that they are greedy bastards and need to be shot in the face. The last one they said a few weeks ago was the price was going up because of the refinery fire.
Exactly! Absolute crap man. Cant find nothin out here in LA. There are a few palces that sell racing level fuel though. There is a 76 on Arroyo Pkwy that sells 105 octane fuel, but not at the pump. I remember when they had to close down refineries for maintenance. I have NEVER heard that one before in 6 years of being on the road. Its like, do you dumb shits not even make it seem like you planned, so your shitty excuses may seem plausible? No, because they know were all fcuked without fuel and they have a chokehold on America. Driving everyone else into the ground for their profit. What can we do? Not much, other than literally MASSIVE reductions in fuel consumption.

·
Servo's Eliminatus ;)
6,813 Posts
Yeah, the last I heard it was because of the Chevron oil refinery that blew up near San Fransisco.

What's next.

·
Registered
434 Posts
Exactly! Absolute crap man. Cant find nothin out here in LA. There are a few palces that sell racing level fuel though. There is a 76 on Arroyo Pkwy that sells 105 octane fuel, but not at the pump. I remember when they had to close down refineries for maintenance. I have NEVER heard that one before in 6 years of being on the road. Its like, do you dumb shits not even make it seem like you planned, so your shitty excuses may seem plausible? No, because they know were all fcuked without fuel and they have a chokehold on America. Driving everyone else into the ground for their profit. What can we do? Not much, other than literally MASSIVE reductions in fuel consumption.
I am with you 1000% on the BULL$HIT excuses!!!! I usually buy Chevron Gas and doctor it up at home before I put it in the tank. On long rides when I have to refill the tank I just put in Chevron and figure that it won't hurt since I usually do so much to protect the engine in the first place.

·
Certified SLOW
3,131 Posts
Yeah....all my bike manuals say 10% ethanol max. What the hell do we do when stations switch to E85 (15% ethanol)???? Anybody heard how that's gonna work? I got a letter from AMA saying in the future, 10% willl be available and the proposed legislation calls for a 4 gallon max purchase. Uhhhh, we live uhhhh, WHERE????
E85 is 80-85% (depending on blend) ethanol, not 15%.

Sad part is, now E85 is within $0.10 of regular unleaded here. Unfortunately you get ~30% less mpg using it. So lets see, ~3-4% cheaper but use ~30% more... sounds like a good deal right? :headshake Oh then lets not get started on how they are using farmland for this shit, which makes ALL of our food cost more... you know supply and demand? Bullsheeet!

·
All show and all go 10r
5,921 Posts
e85 is 80-85% (depending on blend) ethanol, not 15%.

Sad part is, now e85 is within $0.10 of regular unleaded here. Unfortunately you get ~30% less mpg using it. So lets see, ~3-4% cheaper but use ~30% more... Sounds like a good deal right? :headshake oh then lets not get started on how they are using farmland for this shit, which makes all of our food cost more... You know supply and demand? Bullsheeet!
:+1:

·
Registered
1,788 Posts
The corn did suffer a bad year with drought and disease. Meat is going up because federal mandates require 40% of the yeild has to go toward ethenol for gas. So the only 60% of a the produced corn can be used for consumption. This makes feeding out animals extensive.

·
Registered
2,161 Posts
they said alternative fuel huh???? They said will save you money huh???? They just found a way to screw you on gas and food at the same time hahahaha. I love this country

·
Registered
596 Posts
National politicians need the state of Iowa to win nominations via their primary. Iowa's primary is huge in the presidential election process. Guess what Iowa grows a lot of?

·
REPOST Enforcement Mod
14,027 Posts
1 - 17 of 17 Posts