Registered
1,071 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

ZX10RSatoTankQR2

ZX10RSatoTankQR3

Give me a call to order.
Slava
Sato ZX10R Tank Quick Release$42.95

Allows easy fast access to under the fuel tank, great looks Color options Black, Gold or Silver:Allows easy fast access to under the fuel tank, great looks.
Great looking aluminum and stainless steel, replace stock tank bolts

·
Hillbillie Mod
20,155 Posts
Big Daddy said:
Me likes! unfortunately mounted underneath my damper brkt would zuk razberries

BD
Are there any dampers that that would work with?

·
Registered
34,537 Posts
hillcountry10r said:
Are there any dampers that that would work with?
Most deffinately the Scotts & GPR, but theres probably others that mount somewhere besides the top as the Hyper pro, Ohlins, etc.

BD

·
Hillbillie Mod
20,155 Posts
i EMAILED gpr and this is what they said...

alton,

there is no way I know of to accomplish this. due to the postmount being attached to the two stock tank bolts mounts a quick release option isn't impossible, as anything of course can be engineered and manufactured, but this one might be a little tricky. the stability of the postmount is an integral part of making the stabilizer perform as intended, so any quick release mechanism will have to provide as solid of a platform for the postmount as if it was bolted to the stock tank bolt holes. to remove the postmount you do need to remove the damper and although not a quick release mechanism, with the right power tools and torque settings, those 4 socket head cap screws can be removed and re-installed very quickly in the pits. let me know if you have any additional questions

Joey
GPR Stabilizer Sales/Support

-----Original Message-----
Sent: Friday, October 01, 2004 12:52 PM
To: [email protected]
Subject: GPR Contact Form

Name: Alton Hill
Email: [email protected]

Comments:I own a 2004 zx-10r. I would like a damper on it but would also like to have a quick release on my tank. Is there anyway posible to accomplish this. Thanks

Alton

·
Hillbillie Mod
20,155 Posts
Big Daddy said:
Well heck hillcountry10r i fed ya some bogus info as it turns out :frown: my apologies :redface:

BD
Its all good. I think it could be done depending on the length of the bolts and diameter of the kotter keys...maybe someone will do it or has done it and will speak up.

·
MIA Post Whore
8,727 Posts
hillcountry10r said:
Its all good. I think it could be done depending on the length of the bolts and diameter of the kotter keys...maybe someone will do it or has done it and will speak up.
I had a few ideas running around in my head. As the email from GPR mentioned, I'd be worried about the stability of the mounts. I have a Scott's and would have to devise a way to quick release it too. Plus, what keeps the tank quick rease from rattling? With the vibs the 10 puts out, seams there would be some racket.

·
Hillbillie Mod
20,155 Posts
you could probably put duck tape on it or some sort of oring or seal...

·
Hillbillie Mod
20,155 Posts
I was serious though

·
Registered
5,042 Posts
Is it really worth compromising the integrity of your damper to save yourself 5 mins. I know it doesnt take me longer than that to get my dapmer off and the bracket. Just my opinion.

·
MIA Post Whore
8,727 Posts
Frankyoz said:
Is it really worth compromising the integrity of your damper to save yourself 5 mins. I know it doesnt take me longer than that to get my dapmer off and the bracket. Just my opinion.
I tend to agree. Just in search of the next mod. Thrown all the money I can at it, now it's time to get creative.

·
Registered
1,120 Posts
Slava, I got my front tire. Looks bad ass, thanks for the great price! Perhaps we need to talk turkey on some more Sato equip.:mrgreen: (I.E. tank release)

1 - 19 of 19 Posts