Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I plan on getting a Sato system and am looking for any information on the slip-on vs bolt on cans.

In a perfect world I would have a full system (because I can really use the power.....yeah, right) but despite their beauty, the price is a tough pill to swallow.

What appeals to me about the bolt on (besides the $100 saving) is that you don't have the jarring visual effect of a mid-pipe of a different colour/finish mating up with the header section. However is there any information of performance losses going that route?

·
Registered
1,945 Posts
well I guess to answer your question we need to know what the diameter is of the stock mid pipe and then the diameter of the sato mid-pipe..I have a sato slip-on and I don't thin it looks bad where it mates up to the stock exhaust..you won't even be able to tell when your behind me..with your bolt-on..(is that anything like a strap-on??) :thumbsup:

·
Registered
377 Posts
I like the Sato mid-pipe and it is not an eye sore compared to the stock piece. It is, in fact, quite a bit lighter and Sato quality (welds/bends) are super clean. Got mine for $400 new. Have not noticed any power loss.....this bike is amazing to begin with and never ceases to amaze me. Sounds great too! Plus, you'll have something not everyone has. SATO!

Attachments

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks guys.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
From Sato Racing headquarters.

Hi David,

Thank you for your e-mail and we are sorry it took so long to reply. We
are closed until Dec. 4th for the business trip to Japan.

Attached please find dyno chart for the GSX-R1000 '04 bolt on and slip
on system. The hp gain with our bolt on is 3.6hp and 4.4hp with our slip
on system. The difference of the two is if you remove the exhaust power
valve or not. We hope this info is helpful for you.

Regards,

Mikiko Osumi
Sato Racing Inc.

Once I figure how to post the charts, I'll put them up.

·
Registered
34,537 Posts
I had the pleasure of meeting Mikikio @ Laguna last year and what a sweet lady she is.

BD

·
Registered
1,945 Posts
neither set-up loses the exhaust valve on the zx-10 though.

·
Registered
34,537 Posts
busaforhire said:
neither set-up loses the exhaust valve on the zx-10 though.
i think whats she's trying to convey is if someone disables the valve, but then if thats the case what if its disabled with the bolt-on would the results be the same as the slip-on?? not that theres much in it either way but........

BD

·
Registered
377 Posts
Depends on the model if the mid pipe eliminates the exhaust valve. My friend bought the slip on for his CBR and it eliminated the valve. Disconnect it on the 10R and you have the same thing. My bike rocks with the Sato! Just got back from a ride.......kick a$$. Just buy something already!

·
Registered
477 Posts
The ONLY bike I have seen LOSE h.p with a slip/bolt on is the CBR954. Yet to see anything lose h.p from a pipe since that model. Sato is great quality and make good h.p. You won't be sorry. Personally I'd go the slip on coz the Sato pipe will be way more trick than the standard lead pipe.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts